cheapest source for OEM parts?

FUELER

I have a local dealer who does a lot of online sales. He runs a discount on the parts but makes up for it on shipping. Fortunately, he lets me place my order and tag it as a no-ship. Then I pop into the parts dept to pick it up, already paid and with the discount.

OE or OEM means genuine Nissan parts and those are only available at the stealers. it also means not cheap. most go with aftermarket replacments and i haven't heard any problems with those.. they are also way cheaper, for the most part.

There's quite a few dealerships that have online sites now selling OEM parts at a good discount. I got my timing belt parts at www.everythingnissan.com and everything was OEM Nissan parts. This website is actually run by an Infiniti dealership in AZ but can get any Nissan parts. All parts I've priced have been 30-40% less than local dealerships.

Someone else posted a site that was slightly cheaper on the timing belt parts but I can't remember what that was.

Just posted this over in the garage:

OE = This specific part was used as Original Equipment on this vehicle.

OEM = This part was manufactured by an Original Equipment Manufacturer -somebody who also manufactures parts for Nissan. This part may be identical to a part used by Nissan in this same vehicle, or maybe in another vehicle, or it may even be completely different from what Nissan used.

So with OEM, you have to do your homework. May be better than OE, or may exactly equivalent to OE, or may be grossly inferior. But usually, pretty comparable. At least the manufacturer knows what Nissan has spec'd for the OE part.

I have found Rock Auto does great on some parts, not so great on others. And sometimes goes ludicrous on shipping. I start there and then shop around.