Idle gone crazy

RowOSU

Ok I don't know if some of you remember my transfer case story from Decemeber, basically had to be replaced. Anyways, after I got it back from the shop it idled WAY higher than it ever had before. I figured it had to with them changing the serpentine belts, tensioner pulley, harmonic balancer and checking the SES light. Mess with the computer and that stuff, figured a month or so would let it settle back into normal.

It hasn't. This is now almost april and everytime I start it it kicks up to 2K, fuel cuts, 2K cuts, 2K and falls to about 1900 and slowly works it way down as it warms up to a warm idle of about 900-1000.

I am at a loss, the only code on the SES was the same one that has been there for years, the Crankshaft POS Sensor. Been there since my clutch was replaced.

Any ideas?

(I will be starting another topic for my other neat issue)

After driving around and really warming the engine up, where does it idle at?

Settles at about 900 after being fully warmed up, like 20-30 minutes sometimes

When I start mine up in the morning after a cold night it will want to stay at about 1600 RPM until the temp gauge gets to the bottom hash mark, i.e. about two minutes of driving. I really have no clue of what you problem is though... :crazy:

What could the shop have touched that would make it idle high when cold if they were just changing the T-case?

Huh, well guess it's finally time to replace that thing. It's been throwing that code for two years, but I guess it's finally gone loco. it's a 70 dollar part and I might have to partially drop the tranny. fun....