Custom winch bumper in progress

delavoie

Well here's my bumper that is currently being built for my 93 pathy. What do you guys think?? Skid plate will be mounted underneath on the braces that you see. Bumper will be powder coated black this week, once it's all done.

6.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by delavoie

thank you.. Now i need to lift the front to match the rear.

I can get my hands on a TRailmaster 4" lift for $400cnd, it's used and missing a few bolts.

Or i tought of going with torsion bars, and UCA to lift up the front. Basically same price in parts, but the 4" lift would be 4 times more expensive in labour.

What do you guys think?

I currently have JGC coils in the rear.

I'd go with the 4" trailmaster. That's a true suspension lift. Also you keep the same steering geometry as stock unlike the UCA lifts sold. You should make a storage box out of your front bumper since it has a big enough cavity to do it

actually i'm not sure on the steel, it's my buddy building it.

I got the winch at costco, cant go wrong for under $400CND. I haven't used the winch yet, but i know alot of people around here that have, and i guess it works just great.. not fast like a Warn, but it still get's you out when your stuck! That's the main thing.

Costco is coming out with a 10,000lbs winch soon.

Putting the winch in the bumper really pushes it out there. However it sure looks great with all the angles. Keeping it straight while welding may be a somewhat of a challenge. It may help to take it off the truck and clamp it down to a piece of channel while it is going through the heating cooling process.. are (or have) you welded the backside of the works?

What are you going to do for blinkers? A good stroll through a junkyard you may find some smaller units to incorporate in the design.

Looks awesome!!!

Mine is a little less complex... A coat of Herculiner helped cover up some of the grinder marks etc.

DSC01822%20(Medium).JPG

DSC01823%20(Medium).JPG

DSC01824%20(Medium).JPG

flexy3.JPG

Edited by AK9849cy

No, all the welding was done with the bumper off the truck, i just put it on there to take some pics.

Actually i brought him a picture of your bumper and a few others, and he came up with this design.. i'm happy with it.

The best part about this bumper is the ease if installation or removal.

It's a 3 step process, bolt the winch mount on, bolt the additional brace/skidplate for the winch mount, and bolt the shell of the bumper. if you need to get some work done in the front, you can just unbolt the shell of the bumper and have full access to everythig there

For the turn signals, i found some smaller ones from a Trailer parts store, we are going to try and use those, if they dont work.. I guess i'll stick with the stock ones.

To finish it up, it will be sandblasted, and powder coated. The skid plate that goes over the braces will be painted to match.

How much did it cost you for the SAS AK9849cy ???

Edited by delavoie

I like how you don't have the brushguard/bullbar across the top. It makes it a nice Pathfinder with a winch bumper, not a nice winch bumper bolted to a Pathfinder.

:secret: We used the original stock brush grill.. :o It's going to be mounted on top of the bumper, bolt on. The middle 2 bars and the light bars.

I'll post pics of it on, and off.. we'll see what you guys like best.

We held it up to where it would be and it just looked way to mean not to put it on.