timing belt issue

solid snake

• 1 year later...
:D

Okay I am new to here. I am a Wrangler guy so don't hate me. My friend however owns a Japanese right hand drive 1993 pathfinder with a 3000 V6. We replaced the water pump today and reinstalled eveything. Problem is I thing the timing is off being it want crank now. I read the 40 top and 48 from the drivers side, but I don't know where you are getting these from. We were idiots for not putting the motor to TDC before removing the belt. Does anyone have some dummy instructions for how I can properly reset the timing. No where to buy a haynes manual or chiltons over here on this military base. Thanks for the help. We are supposed to go trail riding tommorrow night down in Toyko. I would love to have to pull a Nisson with Jeep. LOL don't worry he has pulled me before too...Thanks, Kent

Welcome!

Check this thread, I think you will find all you need. If not, let us know what more we can do.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=12828

And we don't hate Wrangler guys at all..... maybe a touch of pity, but definitely no hate! :itsallgood:

(It tends to be the Jeep guys that seem to hate everyone else. But maybe that's just jealousy?)

Oh, and always keep in mind these are interference engines! ALWAYS turn engine over manually (socket on crankshaft) before hitting the starter! If you are off more than 3 teeth, hard damaging type contact will be made. (DAMHIK)

The way he told me to check tension on the t-belt is by grabbing the belt at the middle between cam gears, then give it a twist. If you can just twist it 90 degrees,

How do you think he meant to "grab it" (with your hand, or two fingers or pliers.. or)? When I think "grab", I imagine my whole fist grabbing something, but, in the case of the t-belt I know thats not possible.