rear sway bar drop links

chunkster

Does anyone roughly know what it costs to replace the rear drops links on my 92 Pathy?

I was trying to upgrade the worn bushings to pollies and using my super powers, I managed to snap one of the links, :blink: .

I did have a look at AC's quick disconnects but I don't do a lot of off roading so I don't really need these ones. Are there are other aftermarket drop links that someone could suggest.

Thanks,

Chunk

I was thinking about that as well. These things were a beech to get undone on my truck. I'm still a little sore especially when trying to loosen the bolt and shaft in such a confined space. I might try this and see if I can salvage one. BTW, when I did remove the only good drop link, the thing was badly worn. I didn't realize there was that much load put onto these links! Probably explains why the one end has a grease ball joint that connects to the roll bar.

I was thinking about that as well. These things were a beech to get undone on my truck. I'm still a little sore especially when trying to loosen the bolt and shaft in such a confined space. I might try this and see if I can salvage one. BTW, when I did remove the only good drop link, the thing was badly worn. I didn't realize there was that much load put onto these links! Probably explains why the one end has a grease ball joint that connects to the roll bar.

Next time, try soaking them in a penetrating lube like PB Blaster or other. Shoot them before you start working, or even the night before. Matter of fact, take a can with you to the wrecker if you go that route. It can ease your pains somewhat. Today I removed the same swaybar and pulled the 3rd member, and am most of the way done with a locker install. I've been converted to this new religion of liberally spraying anything I'm about to work on. Its all about getting the right tools, and letting the tools (including lube) do the work if possible.

What he said /\. Has anybody found poly bushing kits for them? I haven't, but haven't exactly looked too hard. Mine were looking kinda tired. On the front, the Energy Suspension kit replaced the links and everything in the kit, so that might be an option for you too if they do the same for the rear.

I bought the AC disconnects for the same reason, bushings were shot. That said, if I remember correctly new bushings were almost as much as the AC disconnects so I went with those. not hard to put on on but you gotta drill the sway bar hole out bigger (can't remember now how big) and if you dont havve a drill press its not gonna happen with a hand drill

Thanks for the suggestions. I did use liquid wrench to try to remove the set I had but still ended up breakin them. The shafts that are sandwiched by the bushings were so worn!

I managed to go to my local wreckers and found a whole slew of wrecked pathfinders. :D Only paid 8 bucks each, as opposed to 80 bucks from my stealer!!

I found out that the R50's (1996-1999) use identical end links out in the back. They were also much easier to remove as well (only have to remove rear wheels and work in the wheel wells as opposed to crawling under our WD21's).

As for replacement bushings, I used the Energy Polly replacement bushings that come in a pack of 8 (you only need 4 but you can split it with a buddy). They are found here, http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/endl.html. They fit a little tight but still work.

Chunk