Qs about 96

yar1

hi,im probly going to get a 96 4x4,im pretty sure its an SE.it has the auto climate control if that helps

1.it has the good/tight LSD?

2.are the windows tinted?i didnt notice when i looked at it

3.it has the same t.case as the 1st gen X,right?

4.where can i find the specs for this truck/car?(HP,torque,ground clearance,etc)

thanks! :help:

I think there are a few typos on there Pezzy..........48 CCA battery? different tire sizes front and back? that's just a couple I caught.

1. LSD works fine, if it has it......look for the orange sticker on the rear diff

2. Windows are not tinted as a standard feature AFAIK, if they are tinted it was an aftermarket job

3. Not sure but probably not the same as the X

4.Click here for some specs but a google will give you a bunch more

The only way to get an LSD on a 96 was with an XE level truck and the sport package. The sport package also added a few other options like power windows, air deflector, etc.

The SE and LE came with reflective privacy glass, standard.

The SE and LE had an auto setting on the climate control, that automatically adjusted fan speed when a desired cabin temperature was reached. It's not very effective, and I've ended up baking in winter.

The transfer case has been the same for all Nissans for a very long time. It's the same TX10 as is in the Frontier, Xterra, Hardbody and WD21 Pathfinders.

The rear axle is an H233b. Front is an R200. Your differential gear ratio will be able to be found by looking at the placard inside the drivers door. If the axle code is HG43, the differential gear ratio is 4.363:1. If it reads HG46, the ratio is 4.636:1.

Factory Power output rating is 168 HP @ 4800RPM.

Factory Engine torque rating is 196 ft-lbs @ 2800RPM.

Ground clearance is 7.5 inches at the rear differential.

You can find more specifications

here.

• 2 weeks later...

another question,can i use both front tow hooks on my car? in the manual it said not to use one of them but had an arrow pointing at both.

The only way to get an LSD on a 96 was with an XE level truck and the sport package.

I thought the 96-97 Pathfinders had the LSD on the XE 4x4 w/ Sport Package, the LE 4x4 and the SE 4x4 w/ Off Road Pkg. Were the LE and SE LSD options not available until 97?

yep^^,i found the orig window sticker and its an SE with OR package,including limited slip rear differrential :),btw,is it hard to change the fog light?tips?(besides not touching the bulb)

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the 96-97 Pathfinders had the LSD on the XE 4x4 w/ Sport Package, the LE 4x4 and the SE 4x4 w/ Off Road Pkg. Were the LE and SE LSD options not available until 97?

I thought the LE and Off-Road Package on the SE started in 97...my mistake. P...

btw,is it hard to change the fog light?tips?(besides not touching the bulb)

Changing the fog light bulbs is relatively easy. All you need is one wrench to take out the fog light housings and the bulbs just kinda twist out. B)

how do i program the homelink garage door opener? ive tried the directions but it doesnt work.any tips? is it possible my garage door fob wont let the homelink pick up its signal?

Follow the homelink instructions for programming the button (i.e. hold down your regular remote button and the homelink button together, etc.)

Then, go to your garage-door opener motor, and press the "learn" button (usually behind one of the light covers) which tells the opener it's ready to learn a new remote signal. Go to your vehicle and press the homelink button you just programmed until you see the garage door opener operate.