diversity antenna ?

im installing my 7"monitor and dvd player with tv tuner this weekend for the kid. i want to install the fm modulator so it plays over the bose system. does the pathfinder have a diversity antenna like my maxima did ? reason im asking is id like to have all the parts here before i take the truck apart. plus im istalling a cb at the same time. however i havent decided on the cb yet ill be buying it tomm. remember i have the smaller bose unit cause i have nav.

From my 02 manual:

The radio has an FM Diversity reception system,

which employs two antennas if so

equipped. One is a rod type antenna; the other

is an antenna printed on the window. This

system automatically switches to the antenna

which is receiving less noise.

So if you have the line in the window, I would say you have the diversity system.

Hope this helps.

have to agree with that. cbs dont do @!*% unless you have installed your antenna right. i did mine on my rear tire carrier. works fine. i mounted my cb in my dash under my stereo and love the look of it.

seattlecarshow007.jpg

From my 02 manual:

The radio has an FM Diversity reception system,

which employs two antennas if so

equipped. One is a rod type antenna; the other

is an antenna printed on the window. This

system automatically switches to the antenna

which is receiving less noise.

So if you have the line in the window, I would say you have the diversity system.

Hope this helps.

THANKS! I've always wondered what that line going down the middle of the windshield was. hehe it looks exactly like a rear defrost electrical strip...but didn't make sense as there was only one =P

cobra 29 classic is probably the best...even upgradable....but too larg for in dash install. You can get the 25 (cobra) which is also nice, take it to a truck stop with a cb repair shop and have it tweaked and tuned, you'll be able to send and recieve alot further. Just a bit of "FYI" in case anyone ever wondered....(I used to be a trucker)

http://www.wilsonantenna.com/ is a suggestion, as well as http://www.firestik.com/

Both are proven and there are numerous distributors around the US, do some price comparison, they may cost more but with antennas the general rule of thumb is not "do they work", but "do they work better"

Try and stay away from window mounts or Through-Glass Antannas based on the above quotations ;)

Hope this helps :beer: