Mod. Suggestions-Options

the rig

Hey guys. I am curious as to what the opinions are for lifting "the rig". 1995 xe, I am looking for a 3" suspension lift. Would like the best lift and why and the cheapest (guessing torsion bar adjustment and such) and why. I don't really plan on beating the hell out of it, however, I will be using it if you know what I mean. Also I am looking for a prerunner style front bumper/guard to which I can mount some aux lights (again need insight on both). If you know who makes a bumper in this style. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

WHAT'S THE BEST MOD YOU'VE MADE TO YOUR "RIG"???

BTW what size tires can I run on a three inch suspension lift with a 15x8.5 wheel? thanks again.

Try the Calmini website if you r looking to spend alot for good quality...http://www.purenissan.com/

I'm going with Jeep Grand Cherokee springs in the rear (3"), torsion lift in front.....try the search feature it has all of your answers....

Edited by govols74n

cheapest: JGC coils in the back and t bar lift with new UCA (upper control arms) such as roughcountry.com UCA's, superlift UCA's (same as rough country but more expensive), calmini UCA's (most expensive)

If you are looking for the "best bang for your buck" suspension lift it would be as follows:

Rough Country Upper Control Arms (contact rough country directly and order the UCA's from the Hardbody truck lift kit), modified JGC springs for the rear, and new shocks all around (I'd suggest ranchos). I already mentioned this (minus the brands) in your intro thread. ;)

Prerunner style bumpers are available from www.4x4parts.com I don't think it would look very good but to each their own right?

Oh and with the 3 inch lift you could run 32 inch tires. :aok:

'preciate the words of wisdom. If I went ahead with the ol bar crank and coil lift, would the suspension stand up to some abuse or would it be short lived. Like I said, I don't want to beat the hell out of the truck but I do intend to use it and I am the type to do things right the first time so I don't have to go back and "fix the fixes" if you know what I mean. Thanks again.

The absolute best mod i've made to my truck, and anyone else with the same i'm sure will agree with me...is the addition of a traction aid in the rear. I did a poor mans spool (see my post) but there's air and elec. lockers avail. and full time drop in lockers. Over tires, lift, and everything else that's done to my truck, it's made the most amount of difference. I snapped an cv shaft on a pretty hard trail shortly after i did it, and had no problems finishing the rest of the run in 2lo with the rear locked, where guys with open diffs and worn lsd's were stuck all over the place.

Just my .02.

I have nothing to add really. Everyone covered your questions really.

EXCEPT the best mod part....

My best mod so far has prolly been my tires. They have gotten me alot further than my old ones. Or was it the JGC coils and Tbar lift that 88 helped me with? Or was it the bod lift that 88 ALSO helped me with?

Or was it........

I DONT KNOW!!!

My greatest MOD to my vehicle life was getting the Pathy LOL. How bout that?

Rami

tires, tires, tires, TIRES! Most important thing out there. A stock truck on good MTs will run circles around a lifted truck on crappy ATs.

Too often I run into stupid punks with lifted Sidekicks on 35s and bald as hell tires (usually purchased from Jeep guys: 4x 35" MTs 50% tread left, $100 OBO) and I have to pull those morons out of places that they shouldn't be stuck in. Then they watch in awe as my little truck on 32"s idles away into the distance.