question...JGC springs

govols74n

as i and others have stated in threds discussing JGC lift springs at length..it has been determined that the coils for the I6 (not v6) and the V8 are THE SAME as long as their of the 4x4 model. as stated before..iv checked 3 auto parts stores and 2 aftermarket suppliers...the coils for a 4x4 JGC are the EXACT same part number regadless of engine. as far as the 4.0..dunno what your getting that from. there is only the 4.2 I6 and the 5.9 V8 avail in the JGC..remember it has to be a grand cherokee..not just a cherokee or wrangler. the reason 88 preached so much about V8 only was becasuse thats all he found at the time. give me some time and ill find some links there this has been discussed before.

ah here we are http://wd21forums.damagedreality.com/phpbb...topic.php?t=840

looking at Parts America (supplier for lots of diff auto parts stores) the springs for both engines are listed as FCS782V and thats where slick got her springs.

Edited by DSM_guy

There are actually a couple cases in the works to test this out... just to be sure.

Someone will let everyone else know once we figure this out ;)

But as DSM has said, everywhere we look it is the SAME part number. So based on that there should be no boubt about using springs from a 6cyl :aok:

Edited by RedPath88

I took it that he was talking about just a cheroke b/c he said 4.0. the springs off a cherokee WONT give you as much lift. I have tried. I didnt get anything, well MAYBE .5", but thats it. BUt like all otheres have stated, the springs from a 4.3 or 350 will give the same amount of lift.

sry if I caused any confusion :blink:

yeah, I gotcha....I was just stating what the guy at the junk yard told me....4.0 grand cherokee, so after that I'm gonna find another set because he obviously had something twisted and I ain't about to put em on just to realize I need to take em off.......Thanx again every 1

Just got some JGC coils from the JY for a total of 50 bucks....junk yards here are getting expensive due to the fact that because of insurance issues you can no longer pull the part yourself. So I actually paid for labor too. I got the springs from a 97jgc with low miles.....almost new condition. took them home, primed them and coated them fire engine red for the hell of it....uca's are on order so I'm on my way, thanx for the help guys.