Score!

patzx300

So I swing by my old shop today(Nissan Dealer) and the shop foreman has an engine sitting on the floor, I ask him what thats all about and he says the guy never changed the oil and the sludge clogged the sump so it has an ever so slight rod knock. I ask for it and he says take it. I got a complete engine from throttle body to exhaust manifold. So next week I wil be tearing it down and ordering the parts required for a VG34 build.

So I swing by my old shop today(Nissan Dealer) and the shop foreman has an engine sitting on the floor, I ask him what thats all about and he says the guy never changed the oil and the sludge clogged the sump so it has an ever so slight rod knock. I ask for it and he says take it. I got a complete engine from throttle body to exhaust manifold. So next week I wil be tearing it down and ordering the parts required for a VG34 build.

Okay, I'm interested. My Pathfinder needs the engine rebuilt soon.

What are the parts needed to rebuild it to make a VG34? What do I need to do?

Good luck with the teardown!

Sweet deal, Pat! That should be a great runner when it's done.

Rebuild parts would include gaskets of course, rod bearings, rings and maybe a new oil pump, t-belt parts, etc. Depends on what the engine in question needs, I'm sure Pat can get it all together.