Canadian Noob

Guest CanadianGTR

Guest CanadianGTR

I don't mind... as long as it keeps Pezzy's focus away from me. :hide: <-- seems like that smiley is synonymous with "Pezzy" :P

Well, back on topic. I have a bit of an update. Turns out plans change quite often in my life... it has been brought to my attention that I'm in a position to acquire a 2001 Xterra SE for a pretty decent price (only downside is that it's Silver - EVERY DAMN CAR ON THE ROAD IS SILVER). Anywho, so now I'm torn between building the Pathfinder since I already OWN it (it IS a little rough around the edges, but which 93 Pathy isn't right?), OR I buy this Xterra and do a bit less work to it considering the additional hole it would drill in my wallet.

Any input? Though since I'm on the NPORA forums I imagine the opinions may be a bit bias. :P

Don't worry though even if I get the Xterra, I'll still hang around and cause some chaos on here.

Thanks in advance guys (and gal).

:hide:

I don't mind... as long as it keeps Pezzy's focus away from me. :hide: <-- seems like that smiley is synonymous with "Pezzy" :P

Well, back on topic. I have a bit of an update. Turns out plans change quite often in my life... it has been brought to my attention that I'm in a position to acquire a 2001 Xterra SE for a pretty decent price (only downside is that it's Silver - EVERY DAMN CAR ON THE ROAD IS SILVER). Anywho, so now I'm torn between building the Pathfinder since I already OWN it (it IS a little rough around the edges, but which 93 Pathy isn't right?), OR I buy this Xterra and do a bit less work to it considering the additional hole it would drill in my wallet.

Any input? Though since I'm on the NPORA forums I imagine the opinions may be a bit bias. :P

Don't worry though even if I get the Xterra, I'll still hang around and cause some chaos on here.

Thanks in advance guys (and gal).

:hide:

Whoops! You mentioned the wrong thing (Xterra) if you are trying to avoid Pezzy :hide: .....her hubby is an avid Xterra fan/owner (CRAZ4SNO) :D

Either way it doesn't matter, as long as it stays Nissan. :aok:

Welcome to the NPORA WAVEY

I don't mind...

Thanks for being so mellow about it, but I DO !!!

So should I be scared of Pezzy's big stick now?

I suggest you fear hammers... P...

That said, fix the WD21, it will be a far superior rig. You can always get a soulless psudo yuppie (every owns one) Xterra some other time. They'll be far cheaper as the fad winds down anyway. :D

:beer:

B

XTERRA!!?? ARE YOU CRAZY!!?? :D

Well, you picked a bad week to ask about that -- any other time I would say go check out our local board -- the southern ontario xterra club, but it's currently out for the count...

I'd say both are capable rigs...

Why I'd choose the path over the X: it's older, wont hurt as much when you scratch and dent and customize it...

Why I'd choose the X over the path: because it's newer, less chance for some mechanical things to go wrong (things that typically go with age), also the *r* word...

I'd also choose the pathy over the X, simply to piss off my hubby. LOL... We have a 2000 Xterra, and love it. We bought it, and had nooooo thoughts about offroading it. Hubby just liked it... pretty... yellow. :D Then he was doing some research on it on the internet and found the club, we started wheeling it, and started modding it... havent looked back!!

Either way, you'll have a good truck. And here you'll have lots of help from the guys that own WD21's.... theres a wealth of knowledge here. If you get an X, come on over to the Xterra board (when its up again, and the dust has settled), and the guys and gals there will get you spending your hard earned money in no time!! :D

Hey, if youre still concidering an Xterra, or want to meet some local people -- some who even wheel their trucks - you can check out www.nissantruckclub.com -- it is currently what is left of the southern ontario xterra club - I'll warn you theres a bit of drama and mass confusion going on there now as the old site went down last week, and now we have a new one, but no one really knows what's going on but the admin.

Regardless, theres some good guys over there who will answer any Q's you may have! :)

Guest CanadianGTR

Thanks for all of the constructive criticism, and death threats (Pezzy I got your PM).

Even though it will most likely result in me getting driven off the road if Pezzy ever catches me... I've decided to go with the Xterra. HOWEVER, I also plan on keeping the D21 around for my little sister to use, so I'll still be a pathy guy too :P

The deal fell through with the Xterra I mentioned before (turned out to be an XE 4x2 with Nissan's "put it in everything" engine - KA24DE), so I am currently on the prowl for a black or white 2000/2001 Xterra SE.

Thanks for the link Pezzy I'll check it out, but I doubt I'll be meeting with anyone until I actually HAVE something worth showing up with. :unsure:

Again, thank-you all for the warm welcome and input. :D

You mean a Skyline ISN'T something worth showing up in? I know if you showed up at one of my meets in a Skyline....well...you'd probably get beat up and your car stolen, but that's besides the point...:lol:

Oh, by the way...I'm still drooling over that 89 you have.... :aok: Though, I do think it would look better with some meatier tires on there that aren't stretched so much...

Guest CanadianGTR
You mean a Skyline ISN'T something worth showing up in? I know if you showed up at one of my meets in a Skyline....well...you'd probably get beat up and your car stolen, but that's besides the point...:lol:

Oh, by the way...I'm still drooling over that 89 you have.... :aok: Though, I do think it would look better with some meatier tires on there that aren't stretched so much...

I wouldn't show up to an off-road/truck meet with a 2dr coupe.

And as for the tires, believe me I know... those were freebies so I could pass safety, I HAD 255s on there, those are 235s. :sniff:

I'm glad you like it though, I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to my vehicles (keeping them running well/looking good) and at times it can get expensive... so I'm glad it doesn't go un-noticed. :)

Guest CRAZ4SNO
Yah a few friends and I were up there last weekend. I was vehicle-less though. :unsure:

were ya out with some university of jeep people? we were thinking of going out last week, but Pezzy wasn't feeling too good... so we stayed home.

Guest CanadianGTR

We were SUPPOSED to go with them but some Trooper that was meeting us ran late, so I think those guys just went and left before we got there.

Guest CanadianGTR

I think I'm a bit racist... I only like dark colours. :unsure:

Though my D21 IS White.

It's just a preference, if I can't find a black one soon... I'll consider other options.

Almost ever car on the road is silver though.

One thing about dark colours (says the girl with the dark green pathy) is they show scratches & pinstripes all too well...

Silver & Yellow, not so much.

As for the death threat PM's... you jet better keep it inline mister! :D

I'd say bring the WD21 to a meet... we have a few members with older pathys. :)

Guest CanadianGTR
One thing about dark colours (says the girl with the dark green pathy) is they show scratches & pinstripes all too well...

Silver & Yellow, not so much.

As for the death threat PM's... you jet better keep it inline mister! :D

I'd say bring the WD21 to a meet... we have a few members with older pathys. :)

I have to get the damn thing back to road-worthiness... It's a mess right now.

Needs shocks, brakes, has the typical D21 header leak, and it needs new headlights.

Guest CanadianGTR
So it's pretty much mint? :confused:

That and some other junk... not difficult, just have no time at the moment. :sniff: