is it possible?

tiagoqx4

Why finish paying off a vehicle that you don't really want, only to sell it again for a 4WD that will be older and have more miles by the time you pay off your current QX4? Dude, cut your losses now, trade it in! It's only going to lose more value the longer you keep it.

Or at least find out what you could get for it on a trade for a 4WD... that is, if you really want a 4WD...

Just my 2 cents.

To answer your question, the real answer is no, you can't convert it. You can, but it is definitely not worth the trouble.

You would be best off to just wait until you are ready to buy another vehicle and get a 4wd. I made the same mistake when I got my first car, a new 2003 Xterra. It was two-wheel drive and the same, underpowered VG33E engine like in my Pathfinder. Point is, don't mod your QX4. Just wait until you are ready for another car and suck it up for now. I ended up taking a substantial loss trading in my Xterra and wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Good luck.

No offense, dude, but I think it's gonna be just as "bloody" or even more if you wait until you pay off the truck before switching. It's not like your truck is gonna get any younger. By waiting, all you'll have succeeded in doing is putting more miles and age on a truck you don't really want, further decreasing its potential value to another buyer. Unless you're severely upside-down on the loan, or you can absolutely not afford to replace it with a 4WD, I would say cut your losses now and get in a rig you intend to KEEP.

Just my 2 cents.

the reason why I don't want to trade i or sell my Q for a 4wd is because if in case i get another one my Q will be for my wife. And the good one is for me. :beer: ime also widening my choices.I also like the new xterra,frontier,new tacoma..still waiting if the vehicles ive just mentioned is good performance wise.

the reason why I don't want to trade i or sell my Q for a 4wd is because if in case i get another one my Q will be for my wife. And the good one is for me. :beer: ime also widening my choices.I also like the new xterra,frontier,new tacoma..still waiting if the vehicles ive just mentioned is good performance wise.

don't forget the Titan.. they are huge but cool... i'd recommend older vehicles for wheeling.. cheap, and you don't worry about banging them up..

Ah, I understand your position. But... does your wife want the "hand-me-down" QX4? ;)

yeah she likes it the way it is.she just want to cnage the color to purple.( probably its a girl thing).hehehehe.

ooops..I forgot to mention the old path and 4runner. :cool2: