JGC Springs for 95 XE? Specifics on years?

leojharris

hey there ... i'm going to replace the shocks on

my 95 xe and wanted to do springs for the rear

at the same time.

wanted to double check some stuff before buying

anything.

can anyone tell me what year JGC coils i need to

get from the junkyard? i've read a lot about the

coils but can't get a for sure on what year JGC

coil works with what year pathfinder.

thanks for the assist.

will most likely leave stock t bars and crank them

for height. going to have bilstein shocks all the way

around.

.joel.

The front coils from a 1993-1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8

*Latest info points to the possibility of the V6 springs being the same, but I don't think anyone had tested this theory with wrecking yard samples.

You might take a look at this write up from 88's website...

How To: Replacement rear coil spring lift - 1987-1995 Nissan Pathfinder

V8 and V6 springs there isn't anything different as far as I've figure out. Napa pulls up the exact same part number for both engines. 4WD and 2WD are different as DSM pointed out.

hmm, well after checking several sources...you do seem to be correct that theres seems to be no diff between V6 and V8 4x4 coils. hmm, i just guess i was going with what 88 wrote up in this page about the install. all he ever mentioned (and all i ever see mentioned on here) is the v8 coils. if that were teh case, im sure it would be easier for other ppl to find used jgc coils...since V8 ones are seeming to dry up in places.

can anyone else comment/confirm this? 88?

88 said V8 springs because those were the only ones he could get his hands on and figured better safe than sorry to simply to say V6 springs might not work. I thought the exact same thing you did until I went to get my springs and found the same part number.

Here's a thread I started on another forum with the exact question answered:

http://wd21forums.damagedreality.com/phpbb...topic.php?t=840

• 1 month later...

ok here is an answer to the coils question ..... i went to my local junkyard the i have been dealing with for a while now about a decade and i asked them about the jgc coils for the specified years and they said quote"there is a difference believe me found that oiut the hard way" i was kinda stunned and told them about the parts stores having the same listings and they re-affirmed me that they are different but couldnt tell me how other than they figured the v8 ones could handle more weight hope this helps the info cheers!!! :beer: