roof rack removal

Guest chainsmoker

Guest chainsmoker

I have a 2002 se. I want to remove the air dam part of the roof rack. I removed the 3 bolts but it still will not come off. :help: Any help would be greatly appreciated

Well, if you get tired of that look with the huge "Pathfinder" logo you are more than welcome to trade racks with me!

Sorry to be of no help, but I know they can be removed. Just throwing out an idea, is the gasket from the air dam to the rail sticking to the rail?

Good luck!

Guest chainsmoker

It looks like the air dam has a part that goes into each rail.

I actually like the pathfinder logo on the rails. And I don't need to remove the rails, only the air dam in the front if possible

wow, i never noticed that roof rack DJ, did that come with pathys, u said u swapped it so im guess it came from another pathy

I think it came on the 2002+ pathys... I've only ever seen a couple like that.

no, how do those come off?

They snap in and out. You have to be careful because you can break them if you're not careful. You have to remove the end cap covers in order to access the bolts holding them in. I'm sure this has to do with removing the air dam because I don't have the airdamn and I can see slots on the sides of the front caps where it would go.

Got the rack off ebay. The swap was relatively easy. Just had to get some longer bolts to accomodate the height of the newer endcaps.

Guest chainsmoker

Thanks!

That worked great. The end caps did snap off. At first I was afraid that they would break, but with a little finess, the snapped right off.