Dash Kits for CD Players - 02' Chilkoot

Orangetang

Please help me! I can't find a decent adapter plate to mount my alpine deck in my pathfinder. I ended up buying an adapter that has a little 'cubby hole' in the lower part, to fill in for the cd changer... However, this adapter in no way will fit in the dash (without some serious modifications) and looks like crap anyways. Where can I get something like this? Surely some of you are pulling out those defective 6 disc changers and putting in your own deck.... Please post pictures, links, anything you have!

2002 Pathfinder Chilkoot with BOSE 6 Disc Changer/cassette/radio combo... It's gotta go.

I'd post pics of my troubles, but my camera broke :( The 2003 adapter looks like it would fit better... The one I bought is mounting tabs that are not wide enough to reach the factory mounting screw locations... The 2003 has longer mounting fingers and looks like it may fit.

Help! I just bought this pathfinder a week ago, and I don't think I'll enjoy it until I have some tunes.

Good luck! I have tried myself (so far sticking with the stock 6cd/cassette/radio).

Issue for those who do not know is that the unit is HUGE, the equivalent of 2 or 3 stacked regular size units.

This picture just shows the bottom portion of the unit, it goes up right to the HVAC controls and appears to be a single face plate. So if you want to put something smaller in, you have a huge hole to fill.

Let us know if you find anything out.

116_1664_1.jpg

i should have said earlier not an aftermarket one for the 96 and up pathfinders. im talking about hte factory one that comes with a 1 din cd player like mine. if you have a local junk yard find a pathfinder that has a 1 din cd player and take the whole cd player dash mount. then swap out the stock 1 din player with your aftermarket alpine or what ever it was. it should just screw right on and fit perfectly i assume.

i hope the clears up stuff

alex

Good idea Alex, the guy at Visions gave me another aftermarket model today to try out. If it doesn't satisfy me, I'll probbaly start calling wreckers in the region.

If you can't figure out how to attatch the images, feel free to add me to msn if you have it... mechalchuk@charleshays.net

this kindof explains more of what i was talking about. see how the stock cd player has a bracket and then a stock cubby hole under that. if you get one of these out of an old pathfinder that doesnt have the bose system that fills it all up you can just take your aftermarket stereo and screw it onto that and it will look pretty good i would suppose.

370295088_l.jpg

Hmmm, thanks. I'm going to look into that for sure. Today I had some spare time after lunch to fabricate some stuff. I'll post pics when I can. So far looking much more 'factory' than the kits. I'm going to try to borrow some time on a friends CNC router to machine out a blank piece of aluminum to fill in the blank spot... It should be able to write Chilkoot or Alpine, or whatever in the aluminum, which would look nicer than a 'cubby hole'. If not, I'll just slap in a plain jane slab of painted aluminum to blend in with the the rest of the dash, and maybe a sticker to make it less obvious ;)

I bought an aftermarket head unit from crutchfield and they supplied the dash kit. It has a little map pocket under the stereo to fill the cd slot. It fits pretty well, perhaps a little too much gap above the stereo and below ac control.

they want $20 if you buy it alone.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IFOIanj2Mxm/c...asp?i=003NDK717

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine gave me the filler cubby from his pathy - as I just switched up from my double din to an aftermarket stereo...

stereo.jpg

it didnt fit perfectly - which bothers me (I'm rather picky), we couldnt use the faceplate surround for the stereo, as it wouldnt fit... you can see the gap in this pic, but you cant really see it when sitting in the drivers seat. Also, it seems that entire part of my truck is VERY POORLY CENTERED. :angry: