Will the Xterra people go wheeling

Filthy Luker

Will I be able to convince the Xterra club to wheel  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Will I be able to convince the Xterra club to wheel

• Yes (they will go wheeling for a change)
    • No (they will drink their coffee and talk about mods all night)

ok well i hope they offroad and arnt a bunch of wussies. and if any of them pick on you like telling you to park in the back... sas your pathy put some 40's on there and park on the jerks x :P . but come on were only one nuber off wd21 wd22 they just need some teaching on what "offroading" is

Edited by deadkennedys

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK... I give them partial credit.

Some people took off at the sound of wheeling, but I coaxed two into coming with me. However:

1. One of them used to be a Pathfinder owner and is a cool dude anyways even though he has an Xterra with a brushguard now (TAKE IT OFF MANG!)

2. The other had an '05 Frontier Nismo, and Fronty owners are pretty much always awsome.

Poor Nismo Fronty had stock tires (RuggedGarbage ATs I believe) so even the locker didn't help much. He gave her snot through some obstacles though, it was fun to watch. Time for some real rubber though.

It was fun nontheless... Crossed a small creek (breaking the ice is always fun)... did some hill climbs, including some very tough ones that had me sliding backwards after usuccessful attempts, and goofed around in the snow. The weather was beautiful, nice and warm and the snow reflected so much light that it was very bright outside.

i love you too :angry: me and MY JEEP

i used to take the pathy and the jeep wheelin cuz one would get jealous if i left it at home..lol

dont worry too much about it slick. its become blatantly obvious the kid tends to run his mouth about things which he knows zilch about. and since im sure he has seen a little jeep bashing on here...he's just tryin to fit in and be "cool" -thnkboutit-

Guest MadMark

Ahhhh Luker, you brought back some good memories mang! Yes, MM was once was a Pathy owner... why 'oh why did I give a my sweeet green R50? (insert Pezzy comment here!)

As much as I like the X... it ain't no Pathy! For the moment, it is what it is... and yes, I regret giving her up! So there, you heard it!

As for wheeling at 'da Coke... I'll take the PEPSI challenge next time you head out! :secret:

The beastie formely know as MM's Pathy...

minden%20018.jpg

Ahhhh Luker, you brought back some good memories mang! Yes, MM was once was a Pathy owner... why 'oh why did I give a my sweeet green R50?  (insert Pezzy comment here!)

As much as I like the X... it ain't no Pathy!  For the moment, it is what it is... and yes,e I regret giving her up!  So there, you heard it!

HOT DAMN! where is my I TOLD YOU SO! I TOLD YOU SO! smilie? dancingcool.gif

hehehe... B)

As for the hate on for Xterra's... I like them. Can't say much bad about em. Although I'm not the type to sit around and insult other people's rigs to justify my own. For the record, the guy who asked me to park around the back, is a former Pathy owner. I know he's just jealous. :P

As for Mall crawlers.... DSM Guy, you are right... most pathys & Xterras will never see more than a puddle on a highway... doomed for a life of soccer games and grocery runs. (But you gotta eat right? I can fit a pile of groceries in my R50!) I do have to giggle at the people who put brushguards and lights on their SUV's to LOOK cool.... last year I won a set of snazzy offroad lights, which I ended up giving to my hubby. At the time I wasnt likely ever going to wheel the pathy. I refused to look like a wanna be. That was my call. (My how things have changed in a few short months... I had to go out & buy myself a set of those same lights to put on the path after I lifted it, and got tires & the bumper! hahah)

So, I have a "gay Nissan", I'm the odd one out... I dont fit in the the Jeep crowd, or the Xterra crowd, and even here with the WD21 crowd.... but who gives a rats ass... I wheel with them all and have a blast. I enjoy taking my truck out, and I dont spend the entire time whining about pin stripes. And I have no problem hauling their silly asses out of a jam when they get stuck. We went to Camp NL last summer, a 3 day wheeling event (90% Jeeps), and every day we would join up with the group we were assigned with, and the trail leader would look at my truck and say, well I dont know about the pathy... it might have some difficulties... hmmm... lets see here... how many times I get stuck that weekend. That's right. NONE. Granted, I couldnt do some of the more advanced trails, I need sliders... next year I'll likely step it up a notch.

As for the hate on for Jeeps... I have nothing bad to say about them either. Yes, there are a lot of Jeepers with the holier than thou attitude... Good for them - live your sheltered little life, I dont need you to be my friend. We wheel with a great group of Jeepers, who take care of us, and we take care of them. We have both learned a lot about e/o's rigs, and wheeling in general, just from hanging around a different bunch of people. I find we both have pros & cons with our trucks... and it's really about what makes YOU happy.

dont worry too much about it slick. its become blatantly obvious the kid tends to run his mouth about things which he knows zilch about. and since im sure he has seen a little jeep bashing on here...he's just tryin to fit in and be "cool"  -thnkboutit-

Thanks a lot, I was only kidding.

Sorry if I offended.

I have driven family members Jeeps many many times, no worries.

Edited by TeenZombie01

Guest CRAZ4SNO

hell... if it wasn't for our jeeper friends, our wheeling this year would have been very limited...

unfortunately, there were a few things that changed from last year to this year...

there were disagreements which lead to people going separate ways, lack of $$, increasing fuel costs, and others who just decided to no longer wheel...

all I know is that if there was a trail that got me to the grocery store or to the office, both Pezzy and myself would sooner take that vs chew up our rubber on the hardtop...

as for wheeling the coke plant... I'll leave that for the "gay nissans"!! :P

Edited by CRAZ4SNO

and even here with the WD21 crowd....

YES YOU DO FIT IN!!! 88 and I would take you in and than you and 88 can laugh at me when you 2 get through the trails and I end up getting stuck and crying for help cuz Im a sissy!

Well Im not THAT big of a sissy but still! Your R50 can wheel with my WD21 any day!

Rami

Thanks a lot, I was only kidding.

Sorry if I offended.

I have driven family members Jeeps many many times, no worries.

it's all good.. i am not offended.. as i will be the first to admit there are some VERY VERY rude Jeepers otu there.. for instance.. i was the coolest chick on the block while i was wheeling my jeep.. as soon as i parked it and got in the pathy.. said person wanted NOTHING what-so-ever to do with me. his problem not mine. Jeeps and pathys (as pezzy said) have their pros and cons.. and i love each for their individual personalities.. that's what makes wheelin fun... :beer:

hell... if it wasn't for our jeeper friends, our wheeling this year would have been very limited

And I think that's awsome since you run some fun trails this year, but weren't you promoted within the Xterra club to moderate the Off Road Runs and Xcursions (get it.. it starts with X for Xterras) section and try to promote that aspect of the club?

unfortunately, there were a few things that changed from last year to this year...

there were disagreements which lead to people going separate ways, lack of $$, increasing fuel costs, and others who just decided to no longer wheel...

This doesn't apply to you in person but why build your truck up to pretty crazy levels and never even wheel it? Gas prices? Please... people knew what they got into when they bought the trucks, put on MTs, and lifted them 6"s... Separate ways? Yea.. maybe if the club was based on comradery of wheeling and teamwork that comes from doing hard trails and not meeting at coffee meets things would be different.

all I know is that if there was a trail that got me to the grocery store or to the office, both Pezzy and myself would sooner take that vs chew up our rubber on the hardtop...

I know that mang... Don't worry.

as for wheeling the coke plant... I'll leave that for the "gay nissans"!! :P

First of all I doubt that you've been there so obviously you have a valid point of view. Also it's about 10 minutes from my house so it makes it fun to goof around after work without driving to a place couple of hours away or treading in places you shouldn't be in. Actually why am I even answering to this.. you made no point whatsoever here... LFMAO

Rob you're in a wrong club and you know that...

weren't you promoted within the Xterra club to moderate the Off Road Runs and Xcursions (get it.. it starts with X for Xterras) section and try to promote that aspect of the club?

No, when we was a moderator, it was simply to help clean up stray posts & crap online. An office job of sorts I guess...

This doesn't apply to you in person but why build your truck up to pretty crazy levels and never even wheel it?

TO LOOK COOL! sheesh!

Yea.. maybe if the club was based on comradery of wheeling and teamwork that comes from doing hard trails and not meeting at coffee meets things would be different.

But what is wrong with going out for a coffee with friends or people with similar interests? Yes, wheeling would be a hell of a lot more fun, in YOUR opinion (and mine) - but we cant always go wheeling, and not everyone shares the passion for wheeling like we do.

...and for the record, I'm STILL not taking this personal.

;)

Edited by Pezzy

Guest CRAZ4SNO

Rob you're in a wrong club and you know that...

and as we've discussed in the past, you know the exact reason I won't come out with you guys...

as for the coke plant... I know why you go there... just had to bug you a little!! same reason we go to Dune over the winter and in the early season before trails are open...

its all good mang!

Edited by CRAZ4SNO