lil bit of mud trouble from a few months ago

deadkennedys

ok so heres the deal me and my friend decide to take my car up dod a lil offroading. so where going around haveing a good day lots or great offroading. then i went around the bottom of this hill well there was some swampy area around there but felt pretty good that i would be able to go around with out hiting anymud. and yes we did go look and see that the mud was nothing to mess with and to not go in it. well i get to the very end of this trail and i had to end up either craling up a REALLY steep slope or go in the mud a bit(there really wasnt anyway to go backwards) so i went forward and sliped in to a big mess. well ened up not being able to get myself out and as smart as i was i did not have any other rigs with me. so we ended up speneding all day tring to dig me out and went to go turn on the truck to see if i can get it to move well to no surprise i couldnt. so i rooled up my windows cause it was raining out pretty good and with out thinking i close the door with the keys in there and my doors all lock. so now we are stuck out side in the rain and mud with all of our food in the pathy. thank God i had my cell phone on me. so i call up my dad he comes up there looks at the truck looks at me and was just amzed at what i did luckly he was a locksmith for awhile and he was able to unlock my doors so we could get the valubles. well we had to leave it there over night cause it was geting dark. next day we came up ther with a range rover and an excursion they wernt really able to pull me anywhere cause there was no were for them to really go forward. so about another hour of digging and sad to say some jeeps come bye. these were some nice jeeps though and i give the guys props they had made some awsome rigs that THEY worked on. well long story short they had a winch and yanked me out of there in no time. in the end i had burned my clutch and after barly geting into the small town where we were had to leave it it there to get towed back. had to get a new clutch and everything. so lesson learned go with some buddys dont go alone here are the pics

pathymud1.jpg

pathymud2.jpg

pathymud3.jpg

pathymud4.jpg

Edited by deadkennedys

I go wheeling solo all the time... Oh noes!

yeah i have learned my lesson on more than one ocasion. what can i say im a slow learner but really even if its just one other rig it my be the diffrence between life and death some times

i was going through some mud/water when i sunk down about 6 inchs, started sliding back, stepped on it and got stuck

there was a fronty he pulled but couldnt get me out, then we got my dads B2 and they both couldnt get me out, then we had an old full size bronco that we snapper the 9600 pound strap with

8 hours later with an old f100 and 20 ton which i get out with a red hot exhaust and a blow alt had to pull the f100 and my dads b2, man it was mess

oh yeah, ive been thinking about the visor on the windsheild, u like it

Edited by FLApathy

i got it off ebay for about 150 i think. so far i havnt had any problems with branches but to make sure i plan on runing some aircraft cable from the visor to the arb and if i didnt have the arb i would probly put it to the tops of the fenders

• 2 weeks later...

Pccchhhhtttt.... you got stuck in THAT!?

Haha, kidding man, that's some gross lookin stuff.

Glad you got out dude.

I got stuck one time.... in a clay flat... 4" deep.... tried to go thru somewhat slow in 2wd, DON'T TRY THAT!

DOH! stupid me...

Absolutely love the bumper man, looks perfect! And the taillight guards.. I want someeee