The 2001 Path SE Tire Question (Again ..)

tkpath

Stock 2001 Path SE with manual trans.

Has Bridgestone Dueler HT (scary in winter/wet) 255/65/16.

Time to replace.

Want the Dueler AT or AT Revo OR the Mich LTX M/S.

Questions:

1. I know it's been asked but can I, without any further mods to car, put 265/70/16s on?

2. Bridge AT Revo v. Mich LTX .. any thoughts.

THANKS

Edited by tkpath

Yeah I second the Nokians if you want a good dedicated winter tire.

Well this is my third winter with these REVOs and they are still great but I just rotated them maybe a couple of months ago. The fronts originally were more worn and now that they been rotated to the rear, they spin in the snow/ice a lot more easily than previous winters where that would almost never happen.

I was very happy with my BFG AT's in the winter. I don't have experience with the 2 tires you are looking at though.

You might have a problem fitting a 265mm wide tire on the stock wheels without hitting the strut. Do you have much room between the strut and your 255mm wide tires you have now?

I will use these tires year round .. sorry about the confusion. Had ATs in the past and there were great around here (WDC).

I'll check the clearance wrt the strut. I seem to recall others trying this 'upgrade' and reporting no problems but I'll check nonetheless.

There just are not many preferable (to me) tires available in stock size.

Thanks for the replies so far.

If I want to go to the Dueler AT Revos and not flunk the 'tire conversion test' (something about diameter and brake failure) on most tire websites, I think I'm looking at:

245/70/16

or

255/70/16

.. as I plan to use these tires year round in the WDC area, any thoughts as between those two tire sizes?

I had the Michelin's on my 04. They were a great tire on road/rain and in the sand... Sucked wind in any type of mud. Not bad in the snow- I never got stuck but I didn't run in anything too deep. Way better than the stock duelers (then again I've had drag slicks get better traction than those) They rode quiet and in the 13,500 miles I put on them there wasn't any wear so to speak.

Also Bridestone fairly occassionally does like $75-off specials etc...After price checking the Revo's everywhere, Tire Rack had the best price until shipping got figured in. I ended up going to Costco and they priced them the same but had to order them also but shipping of course was on them. I ended up getting them for $130 a piece, mounted/balanced. Slightly more than the BFG AT KO's.