B's Pathy

Vsicks Pathy

Hey V6. Thats a picture of it, but almost all of the damage was structural (frame horns, front x-member) + bumper, radiator, etc. Thats the original hood and Q panels, they weren't touched. I'm assuming you want to see picts of the underside, etc. I'll take some today...

B

Hey V6. Thats a picture of it, but almost all of the damage was structural (frame horns, front x-member) + bumper, radiator, etc. Thats the original hood and Q panels, they weren't touched. I'm assuming you want to see picts of the underside, etc. I'll take some today...

B

hehe i was gonna say, it doesn't look THAT smashed =P

B

Very good B. please post them up.

I want to see how bad it is at the front. When the Calmini SAS comes out you will need some where square and straight to weld to. On the other hand, I could source a couple of GQ radius arms for you and you could have coils instead of leafs, and not worry about the front of your Pathy at all. Just a thought.

Hey V6, sorry but I ran out of time today. Patching the burn/rust hole under the gas pedal took until dusk. I'll post some tomorrow. While the truck is drivable, the geometry is significantly off and especially noticable when cornering at speed or under power. I'm sure that I could space/block/shim things straight and square enough for leafs, but it would take some careful measuring and fabing... Of course I'd like coils !! ;) The SAS project wouldn't happen till spring at the soonest so there is plenty of time figure things out. Thanks much Bud for the offer and interest !! :beer:

B

Oh, as for how smashed it was, imagine a 2 foot radius about 8 to 10 inches deep almost dead center and up to about the center of the radiator. The bumper was curled out like a handlebar mustache. I did a fine job of it, but was able to drive it 1/2 mile to work no problem (other than really wierd steering!). :blink:

Thanks 88, but I have all that stuff new in a box, but I won't install it until I put in the AC condensor. I've been trying to buy one with the mounting hardware and the drivers side like back to the pump, but 3 people have totally flaked on me and one guy wanted the same as a new one... :angry:

Sorry for the wait V6. Between the holidays, the GF and the rain, things have been busy and miserable. Ok, here are some shots. It's pretty hard to get good angles and depth perception, but we'll start here and you can specify for others if you want.

This is the old cross member. It was never touched in the accident, the damage is from the frame horns pulling in. The &*^%$ shop it first went to bent things back (straight) without replacing that piece although I told them to. Yes, I got almost all my $ back but the damage was done. Second shop put a new cross piece in, then tried to bend things straight (back in) and did a good job considering...

B

post-1-1133405381.jpg

And one more to try to help with the lack of depth perception. The frame is shifted rearward (directly) on the right side (if sitting in the car) up front by about 5mm max (evident by the cant of the body mounting bolts) but lessens to the rear where the last bolt is perfectly vertical. Quite frankly, an insurance company would have totaled it; I'm in it for about $1500-$1800 for repairs so far. It doesn't drive too bad but corners like crap. With 115k miles, a new clutch and it running like a dream it would be a waste to throw away, but I doubt a stock type front end would ever be worth a crap. I think I made my own SAS doner... ;)

Get back to me about...

:beer:

B

post-1-1133406241.jpg

'Bout bloody time you posted them up.

B, your pathy is a write off, finished, never to traverse another trail. Find another Pahty, one with sh!t running gear and sawp the good stuff for the bad. If it moved like that then nothing will ever line up.

I am ignorant as to how you did such a fine job at distroying something and hiding it from view at the same time. Please fill me in. :beer:

Actually, I think you are wrong about that V6... All I need to do is get a solid axle in it straight (leafs would help 'cause you can adjust the shackles somewhat) and it would be ready for action. But yes, I have considered swapping. Problem is there are virtually NO dead pathys here in Cali and I have no place to to tackle a project like that now.

As for how to do it, just run your truck into a cement barrier on a dark and rainy winter morning. It's easy, I'm sure you could do it !! ;)

B

Actually, I think you are wrong about that V6... All I need to do is get a solid axle in it straight (leafs would help 'cause you can adjust the shackles somewhat) and it would be ready for action. But yes, I have considered swapping. Problem is there are virtually NO dead pathys here in Cali and I have no place to to tackle a project like that now.

As for how to do it, just run your truck into a cement barrier on a dark and rainy winter morning. It's easy, I'm sure you could do it !! ;)

B

LOL B. Yes I could do it and it would not have to be dark and wet for it to happen. Pissed yes, but not dark and wet.

I just worry that your whole chassis is out of square B. Even if you go the live axle option, your car may well track sideways (crab walk) and still handle like sh!t.

I just worry that your whole chassis is out of square B

Yes, it is, obviously, but it is not terribly... My thoughts are to SAS it, and align the front axle to the rear, who cares if it sits slightly skewed.

Have the frame measured relative to the rear, get an idea of there the hangers need to go relative to current frame horns, cut and weld away, put in the leafs and axle and have it aligned to the rear. I'm new to this, but I think that pretty much covers it. Isn't that a benefit to leafs and solid axle, that they are somewhat adjustable ? What am I missing ?

B

Yes, it is, obviously, but it is not terribly... My thoughts are to SAS it, and align the front axle to the rear, who cares if it sits slightly skewed.

Have the frame measured relative to the rear, get an idea of there the hangers need to go relative to current frame horns, cut and weld away, put in the leafs and axle and have it aligned to the rear. I'm new to this, but I think that pretty much covers it. Isn't that a benefit to leafs and solid axle, that they are somewhat adjustable ? What am I missing ?

B

I would go for coils. At least you can pack them and you would not have the extra work trying to square up the front.