Fogs not working, among other things...

OR99.5Speed

Yeah, I didn't even think to ask about a warranty. His labor is way cheaper than the repair shops in town (he's about 10 out) and was kinda suggesting how backwoods he is. What would a reasonable warranty or guarantee be? I was hoping at least a couple of thousand miles, but he isn't a chain, just him and his son out of a garage.

Hmm a 'normal' warranty would probably be 1 year parts and labor maybe with a milage clause (12-15K). He may not warranty the parts if you supply them, meaning that if they fail, you have to get new parts and pay for labor all over again. I'd remark to him casually that you don't wheel it, and seeing how clean your truck is, he'll believe you. (make sure to wash the underside if it is coated with mud). My experience with small shops like that is you'll either get good service and reliable support, or a slam bam thanks for the cash attitude. I suspect the former. I recommend driving out and looking at the place... See any imports ? Does the place look 1/2 way organized with decent tools/equipment. If so, stop, introduce yourself and talk to him about it for a bit. Trust your instincts, they are usually right. ;)

B

yeah the tensioner pulley will do the sound.. not sure which one on your truck. open the hoood with the truck running and listen and feel for vibration (of course whatch tyour little fingers!)

that's a great deal man... if r50 is anything like wd21 that's a steal, really.

i'd say if you get 1k that'd prob be good.. should be enough time to find out if anything is up although your trip south will eat all that up so bargain with them... i think 3k-3mo is about the standard in the industry (chain shops)

• 3 weeks later...

YESSS! I just picked up the Pathfinder today!

They replaced the clutch with the genuine Nissan kit, resurfaced the flywheel, and got a new A/C belt plus putting the rearview mirror back on for...

!!!$408.77!!! (Plus clutch kit cost of $300)

Not too bad at all, considering all of the labor involved.

The clutch feels so light it's crazy. I know this is how they felt when new. It's truly insane how heavy my old clutch pedal was, 4000x more effort. Feels GREAT!

Edited by OR99.5Speed

There is however a slight problem that I will have to figure out.

There is now a rattling, sounds like a loose heat shield, around 1500 RPM. When I go to wash the car I will listen out for it. It sounds like it's coming from under where the front passenger's footwell.

The shop is 30 minutes away, plus the labor was so cheap I really don't see it necessary to hound them on this one. Knowing that they replaced the A/C belt and clutch, I wonder what this is?