pathy took a dump

sniper15

2dayh i was going down the street and my 93 pathy just stalled on me. i didnt studder or any thing. i have gas and i have spark and air. i have not looked at anythign yet.i had to get i towed home. this sux. i believe that it is the crack sensor or the ignition control moduale but i will find out shortly. does anyone have any ideas?

Sorry to hear you konked out. First off, had you been ahving any kind of problems with her before this?

Have you checked all your connections? Alternator, battery? How old is your fuel pump? ... :aok:

Did your check engine light come on? Did you smell anything funky like a maybe a burnt wire or anything?

Edited by Slick

If you try to start it, and it seems you only hear the starter turning, you may have eaten your timing belt. If it cranks properly, your distributor (where, I believe the Crank Angle sensor is located) may have died.

crack sensor

Yes, your truck is out of crack and refuses to run...

Sorry, couldn't help it...

Yep, as per Simon, have you kept up on the timing belt replacement ? Just for kicks, I'd run the ECU codes, that NEVER hurts. Instructions in the Garage/How To section.

B

crack sensor 

Yes, your truck is out of crack and refuses to run...

Sorry, couldn't help it...

LMAO That remindes me of a Band I know and Love named GWAR. In an old movie they made all of their machinery operated on Crack being shoveled into old coal burning engines. One of the Funniest things I ever saw.

Sorry off topic but had to enlighten you all.

Now... Back to the topic at hand.

Dowser

I don't know if you already got the pathy running, but mine mysteriously died once and turned out my computer crapped out. I had to get a new one, luckily the warranty i had covered the $900 so I got lucky. :D Hope this isn't your problem, but thought I'd just throw my 2 cents in.

the crank senso didint wok and i bought a new distibutor for nothing and i still dont know what the problem is. the timing marks line up with top dead center and everyhting even the rotor lines up wtf could the poblem be! my computer seems to be fine. my frind hooked his snap on modis up to the car and it didnt say anything is rong!

Okay....Are you SURE you've got fuel? Maybe your fuel pump died? It sounding less and less like an electrical problem if it's cranking, but won't fire.

i got fuel u can herar the fuel pump cranking and i ahve a fuel injector tester i just checked that. but when i crank it for like 30 sec the fuel pump keeps pumping fuel into the injectors for some odd reason. i hav just diconected the battery to charge it and reset the computer maby that will help

Hmm.....Maybe you're flooding? Now, I'm just guessing, but it's possible that you've got a bad injector or 2 and they're allowing too much fuel in, and causing the pressure in the lines to drop, hence the fuel pump continously running.

i put the fuel injector tester up to all the fuel injectors on 4 of them the light flashes at the same fast speed and on 2 of them its a lill jerkey. they will go at the same speed and then kinda studder

Edited by sniper15

Hmm.....could be something blocking them, or could be that there isn't enough fuel to get to them, or could be that they're letting too much fuel by.......I wonder if maybe your pressure regulator has bit the dust.

only thing I can think of right now is if the timing were off 180 degrees and you weren' firing on the compression stroke. but... you didn't experience this following a T-belt change.

When cranking, you're sure the cams are spinning?

I'm guessing that you checked for a broken t-belt.

I had a 92 Honda that did the EXACT same thing. It turns out it was an ignition module (looked like a credit card but a little thicker) that resided in the distributer. I replaced that and problem went away. Now... could that be pointless information? Does the pathy use an ignitor module or is it driven from the ECU? not sure.

engines are basically simple. You need air, fuel and fire. You need them at the right time.

If you're anywhere close, you will get 'something'. Sounds like you have nothing.

Air flow wouldn't just stop.

You said you have fuel from the injectors (though I'd pull a plug and look for wet)

Spark? Pull a plug and hold it against a good ground. Should see sparks when cranking.

If spark is there.... must be a timing issue. My suspicion is that you do not have spark.

K9....or anyone else.

I was just speaking to Sniper15 on MSN, and he said he tested the fuel pressure right at the rail, and he's got 65psi! Now, from my understanding, the pressure regulator would be behind that, and it should limit pressure to 43psi. Could this be causing his issue? I.E. flooding?

shouldn't be more than 43 psi. The injectors work on a pulse duration rather than a volumetric measurement so I would guess that you could certainly be getting too much fuel through the injectors.

Edited by k9sar

There is a vacuum line that goes directly from the intake manifold to the FPR. Inside the FPR is a diaphragm with a valve. At idle when engine vacuum is high, it opens the valve lowering fuel pressure. At higher RPM's when engine vacuum is low, the valve closes increasing fuel pressure. If this line is missing or broken, you will run a high pressure