calmini sas

deadkennedys

I think his project has grown since he has first considered it. I'm sure he has learned a lot on the way which has lead him to this point. I think he would have jumped on an available SAS kit in the begining if there was one. Seriously, how many people have the know how, resources and time to figure out an SAS on their own ? I agree with you that it would be a better idea from the start, but it takes a lot more than just saying 'just SAS it'. If he went with leaf springs, would you say 'why didn't you coil over it' ? Where does it end ?

Everyone has to start somewhere, and I give him credit for tackling the 2wd to 4wd conversion alone. Lets see where it goes, and help where we can. ;)

B

Did Calmini say it was going to be a leaf sprung suspension? Just asking cause the pic they show is of a D21. i thought i saw one on coils before but maybe i was wrong.

I think you might be thinking of their fronty SAS, so far all pictures of the SAS'd pathy have shown leaf springs. Hmm just looked at there web page I thought there used to be a seperate SAS Pathfinder in their project page but now it's just the sas hardbody. Shouldn't matter too much though seeing as how the hardbody and pathfinder front half's aren't too different.

As long as it's a well designed leaf spring suspension with good shackles it should have a good amount of flex. Obviously it will be nowhere near as good as coilovers, but it should be better than the IFS, maybe... :shrug:

• 4 weeks later...

I could not help but notice the huge bend in the drag link. Seems Calmini have a weak point built into their set up.

Other than that, the job looks pretty easy. I will check back to see how the bracket lining up issue pans out.

Edited by Vsicks Pathy

i read the whole string, what i can't believe, is that the guy put everything in, complete without checking his castor angle.. that should have been the first thing he did before tak welding the first bracket -alcohol-

oh well, live and learn. looks sweet in the end.

you could easily make that work on a pathy. I would have conserns about the xfer case support. you wouldn't ever be able to lift it more, i had to make a custom xmember to go above the drive line so it wouldn't hit it.