more acceleration

solid snake

:(:(:(:(:(

You are so cruel DSM, :P

Yeah, I do want to do the cone filter swap and headers, my estimated cost for this is about $600, that's including labor. You are right about our trucks are being slow, but I don't want to race it. I need to replace the manifold and the cheapest way to do this is to go with the headers, since I'm already hearing the ticking of the truck. :sniff:

save the money on the labor for the headers install. installing a cone filter is a snap. just pick up an adapter plate for a maxima (i think seach around to be sure) at your local auto parts store, pick up a cone filter, and some gasket material (i guess that could be optional). you have to drill out a couple mounting holes wider but other than that turning a few wrenches and screwdrivers is all thats needed.

and sorry if im cuel, but im honest. i just dont want to see you spend alot of money on what can pretty much be summed up as a lost cause. no use in spending alot of money for minimal gains, as i said earlier they could be put to better use...to a use more suited for the truck. we arent dealing with mod happy 350's or whatever :hide:

Wheelman-

Check out L&P's forums....I am extremely interested in the SC project as well. See Following for answers to my Q's in a thrad over there:

Yeah I've cruised through there a few times. There are only 5 posts in the entire forum... that's why I don't really check back often.

we arent dealing with mod happy 350's or whatever :hide:

Now there's something I woulod like to do, swap a 350 on the pathy!!! :hide: I hope I don't get lynched for what I said :P No in all seriousness, I'm going to add just a few more things to the pathy (pls see wish list) and then will be done with the modding......I hope.

You could try and swap in the non turbo 300zx heads and cams. You could also just put a turbo sticker on, and pretend you have a turbo (just imagine the pathfinder going faster!).

You could also change the numbers on the speedo! (look I do 0-100 in one second!) :P

You could try and swap in the non turbo 300zx heads and cams. You could also just put a turbo sticker on, and pretend you have a turbo (just imagine the pathfinder going faster!).

You could also change the numbers on the speedo! (look I do 0-100 in one second!) :P

Is it a worthwhile swap though. What increase will I see, hp wise, would there be a significant notice? On the sticker thing....I might as well put some NOS stickers along with Holley, comp cams, maybe weiand, or edlebrock.......(sigh).....how I wish these manufaturers made performance parts for us :(

On the sticker thing....I might as well put some NOS stickers along with Holley, comp cams, maybe weiand, or edlebrock.......(sigh).....how I wish these manufaturers made performance parts for us :(

haha, if you do that i will KEEEEL you! P...P... i realize your joking, lol but just had to threaten ya :P

about the only engine swap id do is the 2.7TD. that or something like a straight 6 from a supra...torquey little bugger

Edited by DSM_guy

Is it a worthwhile swap though. What increase will I see, hp wise, would there be a significant notice? On the sticker thing....I might as well put some NOS stickers along with Holley, comp cams, maybe weiand, or edlebrock.......(sigh).....how I wish these manufaturers made performance parts for us :(

Hehehe I saw a regular non turbo 80s supra in the junkyard the other day. Had all kinds of stickers on it, like "turbo inside" and "warning extreme boost" and all other kinds of aftermarket parts stickers. Not only was it a nonturbo it didn't have a single preformace mod on it anywhere! All it had was an extremely ugly exhaust tip! :laugh:

Hehehe I saw a regular non turbo 80s supra in the junkyard the other day. Had all kinds of stickers on it, like "turbo inside" and "warning extreme boost" and all other kinds of aftermarket parts stickers. Not only was it a nonturbo it didn't have a single preformace mod on it anywhere! All it had was an extremely ugly exhaust tip! :laugh:

yeah, but it would acctually be cool if what you have sticking on your car is what you have. I have decals from K&N, flowmaster, and pro comp. That's because I do have these products.

Now there's something I woulod like to do, swap a 350 on the pathy!!! :hide: I hope I don't get lynched for what I said :P No in all seriousness, I'm going to add just a few more things to the pathy (pls see wish list) and then will be done with the modding......I hope.

when I get to Oregon.. that's exactly what I'm going to do -bounce-

i believe if you want quick acceleration you need to have a motor that breathes more and burns more sufficently, some head work, cams, intake adn exhaust work would need to be done. along with that the ecu shold be replaced with one that has a more tuned fuel map... jwt has some parts, ecu, cams, i think lifters too, or get new ones from nissan.

if you do the head work correctly, youll promote swirl and velocity of the incoming air and fuel, you need to get the mixture to broke up more, caused by swirl and velocity, but you have to give the sir and fuel, and it has to burn it right,,, so better timing control and fuel mapping, and it has to be able to push the mixture out the exhaust,,, headers, and such...

the valves play a major part in the ammount of air, so does the timing of duration and lift.... made from the cams, there is a lot you would have to do... plus shavethe heads about 10-15 thousandths,,, it will help a lot woth compression... thats alot of money dude... :cool2:

http://nissanperformancemag.com/projects/pathfinder.php

I posted this link on NPORA before. Maybe you'll find it useful.

I just read their big brake write up and found this:

Help came from the folks at Automotive Customizers or AC for short. AC is a company devoted to Nissan trucks and SUV's. They should be one of the first places you go to when looking for upgrades. It's refreshing to speak to people who actually know about and care about Nissan trucks. AC's customer service is terrific. Due to a miscommunication, AC accidentally shipped the wrong parts and they jumped through hoops to get Project Pathfinder back on the road quickly. This is especially important when its your wife's daily driver.

HAHAHAHA!

You guys missed one of the cheapest tricks: make your passengers get out and push. ;) Two gals from the office rode with me for lunch the other day. They're not used to the tall and bouncy ride, and especially the noise. One was like man, you drive fast and crazy. I said no way, but she didn't believe me. "Look at the speedo." 35 mph, the speed limit. At least the old girl sounds like Nascar junior. sly