Pickup Hood \ Grille Swap

Z_Pilot

The hood on my 1995 Pathy looks like someone tried to tango on it :dance: (hail damage perhaps). Instead of having it repaired, I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to update the look and get a 1997 Nissan Pickup Hardbody hood and grille. :cool2:

Would this be a no-brainer operation (same mounting-points and hinges)....

...or a nightmare (fabrication, etc...)?

Thanks!

Yes, I tried a search. :hide:

I have been thinking about this very same mod, I would imagine that the swap would be easy. When looking at the junkyard for a grill, you could take some pictures of the mounts and compare them to the pathy mounts. Also if you get a chance try to grab some of those little plastic screw things. I have managed to chew them up with a screwdriver, when i had to remove my grill at one time.

Plastic grill retainers, look at Lowes, they carry them.

As for the HB hood, grill/light swap, it's been done. The hood is a simple bolt in place. To do the grill, you need to do the lights as well. To do the lights you need the entire assembley that mounts on the radiator support.

I have no opinion.

Then why bother posting, asshat?

Just like Ryan said. It's been done before. It's not that difficult to do and really improves the overall look of the truck. The key to it though, is to measure, measure, measure, and take your time. If it doesn't like up exactly right, it's going to look sloppy.

Thanks Guys....

So what you're saying is that the hood is cake-walk and the grill is more involved...needing the newer "support-frame" for the lights and radiator...

Z

You have to mind the way vengeful explains things. Just look at his how to's. He does tend to go on and on and not really say anything. Much like a polictisian does. His memory seems to fade in and out too. So just make sure it "likes' up I suppose.

Thanks Guys....

So what you're saying is that the hood is cake-walk and the grill is more involved...needing the newer "support-frame" for the lights and radiator...

Z

No, you keep the same radiator support, it's the light mount brackets that you need. The grills both attach the same way, to the same points.

No, you keep the same radiator support, it's the light mount brackets that you need

These light mounts?

If so, they're cheap and easy to do! >>

Parts-Train 1997 HB Parts

...however, those mounts oare only for crummy sealed beam lights.

These Euro headlights appear to have mounts on them:

Parts-Train Euro Lights

Thanks Again Fellas!

:)

Z

Edited by Z_Pilot