CV boot

Mr. Pickles

First off... sunovamuthafukingodampieceofishtkismya$$nogood.... So I'm sitting in the rain, fitting some angle iron to try and make a mount for my grill guard, and the flashlight hits... grease. As in, a freshly torn boot. Looks very fresh, no dirt or anything. Soooo... how bad does it suck to pull this. I'm looking at 3 options: send it in to get done and be incredibly broke due to low funds, do it myself and be absolutely frustrated, or roll one of those temporary boot replacements such as on AC. Who has some input? I'm looking at a run in 2 weeks and it seems like every time I'm ready to play, something breaks. I sick and tired of this bull_shrimp.

yeah a bit of pita.. more time consuming then anything... i think there are a few threads about this on here.. you have to take off the caliper and undo the bjs then undo the cv axles.. not too bad but i had a heck of a time separating the join on one of the axles.. good luck, diy and save the money.. better get started now.. you should be able to do it in a few hours..

have you looked into just replacing the entire axle? if you turn in the origional for the core charge, it's usually pretty cheap and a HECK of a lot easier and really not that much more in cost. and that way you will know that the joints are good as they tend to get pretty worn depending on how ling you've been running with torn boots.

the temp 'split type' boots are ok, but you'll be replacing them sooner than you would want to.

Well, it happened sometime in the last few days, I think between Thurs.-Sat. I just had it in the shop Wed. for tires, and it didn't come up. I was just crawling around underneath a few days before and specifically looked too. For now, I'm just gonna wrap it in duct tape too keep it clean till that boot comes, just in case I need to drive somewhere quick. In the meantime, we'll be a 1 vehicle household.