MY CAR IS REALLY ..................... ME OFF

MiSh

Ok first of all i go to get a car manual for my terrano so i can start to learn how to do things myself. AND GUESS WHAT NO-ONE makes one for a terrano. Ok so im already anyoyed when i take my car for a frount end alingment as its WAY off after i cranked my bars.

So about 30min after putting the car in i get a call saying u have ALOT of major frount end issues we cant do an allignment.

Heres the damadge report.

Drag link worn at pit arm

LH sway bar bushes missing

Lower control arm bushes gone and are wearing through the metal.

RH Link-pin bushes gone.

And of course being an import they cant get any of the parts.

So right now im serriosly thinking about getting rid of the Pathy (terrano) for a non-import. I love my car but things just keep going wrong and parts are hard to find and expensive.

Anyone have any idea how much this will cost to fix or where i can get it from

hey dont feel bad, thats about whats wrong with mine, sway bar bushings, all bjs, the works, and my dang arm rest broke :confused:

but anyway, you can replace the pitman arm now with an l&p performance pitman arm

were abouts in oz are you?

most bushes are available from pedders.

if they cant find a listing the 'parts interpreter' doesnt know what he is talking about.

most stuff is out there, you just need to find the right parts people.

Edited by sw

If I can remember tomorrow, I'll call the guys I've gone through, Central 4Wheel Drive, and see if they can ship to you if you're interested. Can you recieve UPS or Fed Ex? I'll be down at their local shop Friday anyways to pick up my new shocks (longer than stock Rancho 5000's) so either way. That's BS if somebody tells you they can't get these parts though. You just gotta be persistent.

HOLY SH^%&$#@!!! Scratch UPS. I just called them, and they quoted $74-76 shipping to Sydney (sorry, had to use a quick sample and I don't know OZ that well). This was for a 3 lb package. Now I really see how things can get discouraging for you guys. $80 or so of parts shipped for another $75.

Now I just ran the calculator for the US Postal Service for the same thing, and came to several much nicer options, the best compromise seeming to be 3-5 day delivery for around $25. That would be for the bushings at least. Let me know if you'd like any other info., and I'll try to remember to check on the actual parts prices. Just trying to do my international good deed for the day. :beer:

Im in western australia. Havnt tried pedders yet.

Yeah it is very discouraging not being able to get what u want at a decent price.

Gonna give pedders a call now.

Let you know what happens

MiSh,

all the front bushes are the same for a 'non-import' Pathfinder 1987 to 1995 and for Navara. I often don't tell the parts guys that it is an Import just to avoid the hassles.

I have mostly used Polyurathane bushes by Nolothane, which I think is what Pedders sell as their own brand.

I can probably find most of the part numbers for you if you have any major dramas. I also have a friendly local parts place (Odin Auto Parts) just around the corner who will get me just about anything (standard parts that is).

Geordie

Because the Nolathane idler arme bushes only lasted a couple of weeks before squeezing out the bottom of the idler arm and distorting the rubber seal, I have put the half worn Nissan bushes back in untill I can find something better.

How bad are they, because it is usually the inner tierod end and the centrelink ball joints that are stuffed before the idler arm bushes. This makes the whole thing loose and hence the wheel allignment guys cant set the toe-in.

I am currently having the same problems with the centrelink and tierod joints. I used QH brand and then mor recently Camelot brand tierod ends and they are both @!*%. The rubber covers on both brands were perrished after only about 18 months letting in a bit of sand and mud is fatal for the ball joints. Particularly the inner tierod as the ball faces up, the perished rubber traps water and mud in the joint. I am looking for better quality tierod ends and will let you know what I find.

In the meantime I have wobbly vague steering. I had the front wheels re-ballanced and it reduced the wobbles but I have to fix the real problem soon.