Just a suggestion

Vsicks Pathy

Did I say once that I felt it wasn't?

The difference between you and me, is that I'm actually working on solid contributions, whereas all you can muster is complaining and trash talking. :type:

Suddenly we are all mind readers are we. Because you say nothing you agree? And others are meant to know this, how? I was after positive input, and more over, a reply from 88. And no, I did not wonder why you were up at 4:15 am. But I should have know that you were working on something sooo important.

The last thing I wanted to read here was your contrite self-righteous and invidious drivel.

Grow up and please don't post on this topic if you can not contribute to it in the positive. And it seems you can not.

well... as I am no master mechanic.. my latest write up was the installation of an aftermarket steering wheel.. I did do a running commentary on my Pathy when I pulled the motor.. but I am poor.. so new mods are in the wings.. I think I did a wrtie up/or pics about my JGC coil conversion... but 88 had already covered that pretty good..so I think I just posted pics.... I can't write about something I've never done or haven't done yet.... *goes back to her Pathy planning corner* :hide:

well... as I am no master mechanic.. my latest write up was the installation of an aftermarket steering wheel.. I did do a running commentary on my Pathy when I pulled the motor.. but I am poor.. so new mods are in the wings.. I think I did a wrtie up/or pics about my JGC coil conversion... but 88 had already covered that pretty good..so I think I just posted pics.... I can't write about something I've never done or haven't done yet.... *goes back to her Pathy planning corner* :hide:

And an excelent write up it was too. :clap:

:huh: Personally, I think it may benefit the site more if we followed up on Pezzy's business card idea....I know, i know.... no one likes things left on their vehicle and maybe I am a geek :( but if i didn't find this site i would be ecstatic to see this stuff here!!

now for stupidity...how in the hell do i send a contribution to become a member (serious responses only as i know anybody could use cash!! ;) )and does anyone here actually make the sticker/logo/decals for the site that i can order from?

thanks...as i think of as all of you as my own :crazy: relatives :aok:

As a mental relative, all I can say is PM or Email Mr Jim about where/how to donate the $, and PM DJ Dank for stickers, he is doing another run of them. Make sure to thank him for all of us. As for the flier bit, I'm all for that as long as it is done tastefully. I have a version nearly done, but been focused on other issues. I'll post it when complete.

B

Hmmmm interesting thought in response to FindingPath. And this goes out to all us dino's on here. When a new person comes in They either a) make a post with some general information desire, where we (Myself included) will jump on it, point then in the right direction, but make a sarcastic remark in the process. Meanwhile the new person has just been somewhat belittled, but they have found the information they are looking for and carry on their merry way. Or b ) The see the search function, use it, find what they are looking for, and jet because like FindingPath post said, the info is out there, and there isn't really a reason to post if it's all been covered.

Now in my opinion (yes every one has one, and they all stink) Vsicks Pathy is moaning a bit here. His points however are still valid in that; yes, it pretty much is the same people for a majority of posts. However, where I disagree is that while the same people post all the time, we have become a group of friends, and friends like to communicate, even if it's just jibber jabber. Now seeing we all have a common bond in our Pathy's spirit, I think that is wholly acceptable. Afterall that is what we are here for. Not every one is going to contribute a How-To, but one way or another, everyonr contributes something in their own personal way with the bells and whistles they have done.

My biggest disagreement with Vsicks Pathy is on the subject of mods. If you did it, you are proud of it who the F$#@ cares if it's really a mod or not sheesh. Call it a mod all you want, just for the reasoning that your time went into it, and it's different than stock. Keep in mind mod is simply short for "modification" That is all nothin more, nothing less.

Edited by MaritimeMan

Hmmmm interesting thought in response to FindingPath. And this goes out to all us dino's on here. When a new person comes in They either a) make a post with some general information desire, where we (Myself included) will jump on it, point then in the right direction, but make a sarcastic remark in the process. Meanwhile the new person has just been somewhat belittled, but they have found the information they are looking for and carry on their merry way. Or b ) The see the search function, use it, find what they are looking for, and jet because like FindingPath post said, the info is out there, and there isn't really a reason to post if it's all been covered.

Now in my opinion (yes every one has one, and they all stink) Vsicks Pathy is moaning a bit here. His points however are still valid in that; yes, it pretty much is the same people for a majority of posts. However, where I disagree is that while the same people post all the time, we have become a group of friends, and friends like to communicate, even if it's just jibber jabber. Now seeing we all have a common bond in our Pathy's spirit, I think that is wholly acceptable. Afterall that is what we are here for. Not every one is going to contribute a How-To, but one way or another, everyonr contributes something in their own personal way with the bells and whistles they have done.

My biggest disagreement with Vsicks Pathy is on the subject of mods. If you did it, you are proud of it who the F$#@ cares if it's really a mod or not sheesh. Call it a mod all you want, just for the reasoning that your time went into it, and it's different than stock. Keep in mind mod is simply short for "modification" That is all nothin more, nothing less.

MM, I think alot of you are missing the point. I enjoy the sense of community we have here. Yes we all have got to know each other in some strange weird way. I am not saying that any of that isn't good. All I am saying is that it (the board in general, including myself) have become a little too comfortable. Some of you guys take this subject matter very personally, and resort to less helpful posts. And I reply to those types of posts..... well, in the way that I do then one thing leads to another. I seem to always be a fault and that's fine. But for the life of me I don't know why encouraging old lost members back is such a threat to some. Change is good, or so I'm told.

As for the way I respond to mods. Look, when they're good they're good. When they're bad I usually say so either way. I have however restrained myself from negitive remarks for quite some time now when it comes to home made mods. God knows how much stick I got from the last snorkel mod (geordi excluded. His was a positive response), thanks again for that GG. :D Even that guy with the kids in the Pathy with no doors gave me a serve. Pointing out the obvious isn't the way to go here at all. See, I can learn. But sometimes, just sometimes, it needs to be said. Yes, like PA systems. But my reply in discust was at least factual. My concern there was that perhaps chrome wheel nuts might be the next mod. :shrug: I will endeavour to keep negitive opions in closer check in future. I am not promising anything though. sly

As for moaning, if trying to motivate a reply or action to the subject matter is moaning, then I am surely guilty. I'd hate for you lot to see me when I hit my head on the corner of the bonnet (hood for you guys in the US). :nono:

As for new people posting. I say post what you like. I enjoy answer the questions I can answer as much as the ones I feel might be worthy of an answer. I could care less that it might be a topic that has been covered hundreds of times already. You'd be hard pressed to find a reply from me, where this is the case, and I have dismissed the person for the question.

As for the suject matter of this post. I am sorry I ever bought it up. The mods can delete it now for all I care. The point has been lost. I doubt if it was ever taken in the context that it was written anyway. Now that's a moan, whinge or a sook. :takebow:

:huh: Personally, I think it may benefit the site more if we followed up on Pezzy's business card idea....I know, i know.... no one likes things left on their vehicle and maybe I am a geek :( but if i didn't find this site i would be ecstatic to see this stuff here!!

surrprisingly that idea didn't work at all on one of my other forums/clubs and we put out thousands..

As for the way I respond to mods. Look, when they're good they're good. When they're bad I usually say so either way.

I don't think negative feedback is a bad thing. I've done a couple things on my Pathfinder that I got crap about and now that I look back at it I realize it was sort of stupid. I've also got crap about other things such as the location of my oil filter and look at it and still completely love what I've done with it. Negative feedback is a good thing, and it's way better than just lying(is that the right way to spell it) to the guy or just not saying anything. I appreciate your negative feedback V6.

Ok, I see your point a bit more clearly, and yes, your main point has been strayed from within the replys. So lets see if I can get this straight. You are interested in bringing back the older members of the forum/ club into activity, and you feel some of the drawl that goes on within posts has no contributing effect to this, and has almost become the main focus of a majority of posts. Do I have that right?

As far as my comment on mods goes, I never mentioned negative response to mods. My complaint is with what you view as a mod. We have gotten into this before, and sure airring down you tires is mod, as cranking the T bars is a mod. Feedback is always going to be there, positive or negative, especially if you are posting it all over the internet. Some one some where is not going to like it, think they could have done it better, or just feel like they need to disagree. Thats fine, I have zero problems with that. I have gotten a ton of crap for things I have done too, not just to my truck, but other things as well. I also agree that neg feedback can be good as well, I never said it wasn't. Once again, we can run in circles with this all day. I just wanted to be sure I was clear and better understood on what my disagreement is.

Ok, I see your point a bit more clearly, and yes, your main point has been strayed from within the replys. So lets see if I can get this straight. You are interested in bringing back the older members of the forum/ club into activity, and you feel some of the drawl that goes on within posts has no contributing effect to this, and has almost become the main focus of a majority of posts. Do I have that right?

Yes, I would like to see new blood in the mix. And yes, I can think of no better candidates than existing members that for one reason or another don't post here anymore. Take me for example, NPORA member #50. Yes, I was around at the beginning. I did not come back here for a couple of years or so because (in a nut shell) this forum was being modded to absolute death. My parting words the Jim was a warning that the site was going to sh!t as well as some other (regretful but justified at the time) remarks I made. Now there are decent moderators here, so perhaps old members need to know these things. You didn't want to double post in the old days let me tell you. And you sure as hell didn't get away with saying a 2 door Pathy was a better Pathy than a 4 door. This site really rocked before the dreaded moderators back then. Back then Jim was even fishing for a buyer. And with the amount of hits he used to get. WOW!

One the matter of drawl in this thread, what do you think and where do you think it started? Of course the my d*ck is bigger than your d*ck attitude that sprang up here doesn't help. FFS it was only an inquiry after all.

Long story short. Yes, you have it about right.

I see. I have been around for a bit, but no where near the begining. I had a taste of Mr. Jim's vision, if you will, just before things went south for him and he took his sabattical. For a time I wondered why he didn't come back, and now, with all that has been said in this post, it has become slightly more apparent. He may not want to come back. For the exact reasons you stated. He started this joint as a dream that he had, and wanted to share it with others. Yes you are right. It definately is a much different place than when I first came to it. Sure I have "POHO'd" it up from time to time. I also have learned so much from this last year by checking this forum almost everyday. The little tid bits by old and new alike are very useful, but yes, once again, you have a strong point. It is lacking that luster of those who started it all. Mr. P is still around, 88's on a time out due to life (he'll be back, I guantee it), Mookie pops in every now and then, but yes, where are the rest? Can't answer for sure, but I'm sure they haven't forgotten about the place.

I see. I have been around for a bit, but no where near the begining. I had a taste of Mr. Jim's vision, if you will, just before things went south for him and he took his sabattical. For a time I wondered why he didn't come back, and now, with all that has been said in this post, it has become slightly more apparent. He may not want to come back. For the exact reasons you stated. He started this joint as a dream that he had, and wanted to share it with others. Yes you are right. It definately is a much different place than when I first came to it. Sure I have "POHO'd" it up from time to time. I also have learned so much from this last year by checking this forum almost everyday. The little tid bits by old and new alike are very useful, but yes, once again, you have a strong point. It is lacking that luster of those who started it all. Mr. P is still around, 88's on a time out due to life (he'll be back, I guantee it), Mookie pops in every now and then, but yes, where are the rest? Can't answer for sure, but I'm sure they haven't forgotten about the place.

It's all food for thought.

Good points, and as I'm pretty new here, I have nothing to compare it to... Yes, I definitely would like more people to perk up and post.

Newbies are great for fresh out look and bringing up old topics that sometimes leads to clarification or new input. Perhaps less sarcasm or less 'use search' posts would help..? :shrug: Don't see it as bad now, but food for thought...

Oldies are needed for experience and knowledge and could return due to the mailer idea, but I suspect many of them have gone other directions for many possible reasons. Still, it couldnt hurt...

Just a little patience and self control spread evenly would be a nice touch also... ;)

B