Deciding on lfit

MiSh

just got some 31 BFG A/t and fitted them to my 91 terrano but the rub like crazy.

All i want to do is lift the car enough so that the tyres no longer rub. Right now i am thinking of getting some 1 to 1.5inch (will these be hard to get) rear springs and cranking the torsion bar but with this stop the rubbing??????

I dont want to do any suspension lifts over 1.5 beacause of the frount end issues so if that is too low i will have to do a body lift.

Try doing the torsion bars alone first, maybe with air shocks in back to help if the front becomes higher than the rear and/or re-index the torsion bars if they don't lift enough. Most Pathy's/Terrano's would be sagging in the front by this age and just need a boost. Also, its free to trim plastic and stuff if that's all they're rubbing on. :aok:

Yeah as Mr P said, reindexing and/or cranking the Torsion Bars would likely be the best place to start.

After looking closely at other Pathfinders and Hardbody's I came to the conclusion that the front end of my Path has sagged enough to be noticeable... which I always suspected.

My truck came with smaller tires and I put 31in BFG AT's on it like you did. I get a little rubbing at steering lock, but not a lot. If you are rubbing a bunch I would say that the front of your truck is well below stock and the torsion bars are in need of reindexing. But since yours is diesel and from another local, I may be wrong :shrug:

Mine came with the 235's and I am running 31" BFGoodrich All-Terrains. I do not have any rubbing, even when full locked.

I have a 1" suspension lift. All of it cost me only $9. For the front, crank the torsion bars (only 1" isn't going to affect your ball joint angle enough to worry about). For the back, get some rubber spacers that they sell at a local auto parts store. They call them 'coil boosters' or 'coil helpers' and are designed to set worn-out springs back at their original factory height.

Edited by wheelmanLS1