What is it?

SteveWA

Last night while I was installing a speaker box I made for the back of my 94 I came across a lever of some sort. There's one on each side inside the rear passenger area. I looks like it might be a release of some sort for the plastic trim. I'll post a pic later if required.

It is a release for the plastic. But I usually pry my rear quarters off the other way around. Why they need a release there I dont know, mabey for quick inspection the the seatbelts?

I was kinda hoping they were the levers for the ejection seat.

Cool thanks! I thought that was the most logical thing they could be. Just never seen a vehicle with a release lever for the trim. Most you have to yank off so all the clips break in the process and you have to buy more.

Steve, If you are talking about a small flat metal lever with a plastic cover on the end, located on the front edge of the back plastic quarter trim down near the side of back seats. Try holding the seatbelts back out of the way with them when the rear seats are folded down. I think thats what they are for.

cheers

Geordie

When I removed my rear belts (lap only) and replaced them with the units from a newer truck (lap & shoulder) I took those from the donor as well. As mentioned they are for retaining the shoulder straps when the rear seats are folded down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone who has considered installing the newer belts in a 2dr (or any that have lap belts only).

The trucks are already set up for them... on the backside of the trim you will find the outlines showing where the holes need to be to allow the belts to pass through.

The "notch" (for lack of a better word) for mounting the belt retainers (the "levers" mention in this thread) and the threaded bolt holes above the side windows for the upper shoulder mount are both there

It is a release for the plastic.  But I usually pry my rear quarters off the other way around.  Why they need a release there I dont know, mabey for quick inspection the the seatbelts?

Belt retainers ;)

I was kinda hoping they were the levers for the ejection seat.

Yeah but those need to be up front.. that way you can be rid of that annoying passenger when you see fit :D