BL question

MaritimeMan

Ok, I have a BL for my 91. In some places I've looked, it'll be fine. In other's, I'll need to add bolts in certain parts. With the standard Performance accessories lift do I need to get new bolts for the body? PA's application guide says up to 90, but in thread's that I have searched through, it says up to 92. So which is it? Also, if I do need to get the bolts, any one who has done one know the size off the top of their heads? That would save me alot of trouble. Ok, thanks for the heads up.

M.M.

yeah, I'm aware of that one Mr. P. But you know how AC opens the lift kits and adds the proper bolts? Well what I am asking is, what bolts do they add? Thats all.

They add the two longer ones for the very rear mounts. I think this is for years '92 (maybe '93) and up.

any one who has done one know the size off the top of their heads?

Just pull one of the rear ones (the ones in question) and measure it, both pitch and length, do the same with the one in the kit and plug it all into your fancy schmancy calculator. That'll answer your question for certain... It's gotta come out anyhow so it's not like it is any 'extra' work. Sheesh, I thought you were an enginerd or something !! :D

B

Yeah yeah, I know B. I was just trying to save myself the effort. Bike's in the shop right now gettin new rubber and a bunch of other stuff done, so I was tryin to get the stuff I needed ahead of time. Excuse me for being lazy, I forgot, you have NEVER done that yourself. BTW, I never got that Email you sent me with the picks. You sure you got the addy right?

Mine is a 92. AC had opened the box and replaced the two rear mounts. I think that was the only thing they changed, but not 100% on that. Like I said earlier, you could just use any 2 bolts/nuts of proper length (forget the odd pitch) and cut a couple small access holes through the cargo floor. I could take some measurements for you to eliminate the guesswork for finding the right spot.