Headers are now installed.

MrJim

What is next?

How about a sound clip, of your rig's new system?

Overall Jim that looks great. I wonder though How much that cost you, not including the headers. If you didnt pay great deal, that might be a better alternative to the manifold seal replacement.

Good job on the pic's...........

I will do a small clip with engine revs after they finish up on Monday.

They charged $225 to install headers. The whole thing cost me nearly $500 though because I had them install new exhaust all the way back, including the $125 Flowmaster muffler.

If someone spent $200 on headers and then $225 for installation, that would be much cheaper than what most shops charge to just repair one side on the manifold issue.

It is not as loud as it was, but it sounds more tuned if you know what I mean. It sounds good. They started the engine with only the headers installed at one point to move Pathfinder backwards a little. That was awesome sounding, but I do not think the local police would allow that. B)

They charged $225 to install headers. The whole thing cost me nearly $500 though because I had them install new exhaust all the way back, including the $125 Flowmaster muffler.

Mr. Jim,

So how much did you spend for the whole thing including the Headers? I'm a little confused.

300 - headres

225 - for install

125 - for muffler

Thx. -bounce-

Here is the breakdown.

Headers - $225

Muffler - $125

Dual Pipes with Chrome Tips - $100

Labor - $225

Total cost was $775, including all parts, shipping, and taxes.

The shop will install just headers for $225 labor and headers cost $225 too, so it would cost you $550 for this with no other modifications to the exhaust.

great job on the documentation, jim. i'll be doing the same thing eventually. might try it myself. I gotta decide on pacesetter or doug thorleys. i noticed that you had them coated in ceramic. did you have the option to buy them precoated?

They did not have the option to buy the precoated.

As for the dual catalytic converters, I spent enough money this month on it already. Remember that I have about $800 more going into Calmini Steering and front end components tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Been Digging up some info on headers recently Cause my Y-Pipe is fired. Figured maybe instead of buying a new Y-Pipe maybe I would pick up the headers and do the WHOLE shibang. Question though. I Know you have Pace Setters in your Rig MrJim, but I've been looking at those Doug Thorley's. Now while I view through all his info on his main site, I noticed that it says for the Nissan Path, the Headers they sell are for a Rig with no Lift. Hmmmm, Im assuming this is for Fitting them on. Does anyone have any info on whether or not a 91 Path with a 3" inch lift will be out of luck on Thorley's or not? Perhaps someone out there has them on with a Lift as well. As far as the Pace Setters Go, MrJim, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that your Path is Lifted and wondering if you had any installation problems due to it. Any info is appreciated.

Dowser.

It doesn't matter if the vehicle's slightly lifted or not, nothing gets in the way of the exhaust unless you have the Trailmaster 4" lift kit. That's the only disclaimer, because the front driveshaft has to clear the pipes. If you don't have the TM 4" lift, you shouldn't have a single problem.