Water pump?

KILLVOX

you called it... water pump.

to fix it... go ahead and get a new timing belt, thermostat, wather pump, cam seals, and anything else on the front of the engine that you should replace while you are there and it's easy to get to with it disassembled.

Edited by k9sar

Yes, exactly, although you can skip the timing belt if it has been changed recently. They are good for 60k miles on 87-93, 105k on 94-95. :shrug:

B

DOH !! Thanks GG... :beer:

Edited by Precise1

if it's a slow leak, probably ok to keep driving as long as you don't run her out of coolant. Gushing leak should get fixes asap. Bottom line is that your engine needs to keep cool. If there is no coolant, you will probably toast the motor.

if its leaking pretty good do NOT drive it. when my pump went on the eclipse it must have gone on a short 5 min trip..but in that 5 min the bearings inside (usually the cause of leaks) was completely shelled. im lucky it didnt seize up the belt and bend some valves. after i took it off i could not turn the pulley. you dont wanna do that. otherwise youll be replacing valves, pistons, and a few other very expensive parts as well as timing components

Maybe there is something I don't understand about these motors, but how does the waterpump have anything to do with the timing, pistons or valves ? It is externally mounted and belt driven... Yes, I agree, if it has started to leak, drive it as little as possible and change it immediately. Thats just common sense. Even if you don't have a major leak and overheat, you are pissing slick fluid on the road (polluting) and could very well cause a motorcyclist to crash (exactly this has happened to me). Anyway, how does the the waterpump bend valves when it goes out ?

B