Body lift, any differance?

MaritimeMan

Ok 87-89 kit to 90-95 kit. Any differances? I see one for cheep but it says 87-89, and I have a 91. Thanks for the help, just to let you know, it's ebay, and only buy it now, so I'd like to snag it as soon as possible. thanks.

M.M.

Hmmmm, I kind of remember now. AC has the kit for the later models and all they do is add the longer bolts. Sometimes finding the right size grade 8 bolts can be a pita, so I might have to shell out the extra bucks for a complete kit. Does any one besides AC offer the complete kit? Ahhh fuggit, I will NOT spend another dime at AC. If I have to scratch around and find bolts, fine, as long as it's not through AC.

Maybe you could pull one of those rear bolt ahead of time and try sourcing a longer one. Should be pretty easy as long as it isn't rusted in place. I wish I had checked the thread size when I had it apart, and with my special problems I don't want to mess with pulling it back out. Maybe there is somebody out there with the kit handy who could take a look for you.

That should be the ticket, stock bolt plus 3" and you should be golden. Summer has been great, and by great I mean busy. Sold our home, bought a house, lots of projects. Just did those Superlift UCA's and BJ's we were talking about before. Its obvious you've been doing pretty good for yourself as well, huh. Hope that monster fish check came through, bud. :contract:

Thats a good idea Mike. Shwe isn't that bad underneath so all I need to do is add three inches to the existing size right?

That SHOULD be the case, but who knows... There was a thread that discussed the bolt size and length but I cant remember it. 10m sounds kinda weenie for a chassis to frame bolt, but I very well could be wrong. Better search for it Bud. Once you have the size and pitch, if you have trouble locating a supplier, let me know. You always have the rat bike to ride for a few days, right ?

B

Yes i do, and believe it or not, she's about ready for paint. John fixed all the plastic over the summer for me, so all I have to do is spray her. She has all her fairings and everything. I don't think I can handle this information overload.

I have an excellent metric bolt supply store I use here in Denver. Post the specifics and I'll see if they have it.

Just and idea... I actually replaced two I stripped with extra bolts I had. Just drilled an access hole big enough to fit a socket, lifted the two little tabs holding stock nut/washer and replaced it with the new ones. After I put a rubber cap on it, can't even tell it's there under the carpet. Some guys don't like drilling new holes in their ride though. :shrug:

Yeah, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I really don't think I'll have any where near the problems that Mr. P had, as when I pulled my exhaust, everything came out easy except for one bolt, and thats exhaust. She's pretty darn clean underneath.

That's true...you could just use 1/2" SAE grade 8 bolts and forego the body threads totally with a nut and bolt combo. Lots cheaper and easier.

You guys kill me. I believe I put up that idea when going through my mess and was told that was hack work. :rolleyes: You really can do that though, apparently. When I took it to the body guy, I gave permission to go that route if he had to. He guesstimated and cut a well aimed hole above in the cargo area, but ended up putting a torch to it top and bottom, lots of work, and popped it loose. Welded her up, on goes the carpet, and nobody knows. The point being, once you access from the top, apparently its wide open and easy.