Fixed the frame rot on my Pathy...

Filthy Luker

Goddamn Nissan and their crappy frames. 13 years of vehicle abuse took it's tool and my frame took a turn for the worse recently.

With the help of master Raff we utilized our ninja like fabricating skills to fix the issue.

Passenger side:

IMG_3978.JPG

Driver side:

IMG_3979.JPG

IMG_3982.JPG

IMG_3985.JPG

Master Raff knows how to make them "C"s purrrdy!

IMG_3986.JPG

IMG_3987.JPG

IMG_3988.JPG

LOL chuck of mud from inside the frame. Check out the different coloured layers that accumulated over various runs.

IMG_3990.JPG

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

Yay... the white Lowrider is ready to hit the trails again!

What guage plate did you use? I assume looking at the pics that the frame was only rotted thru on the outside of the rail?. Did you just hammer the bend into the replacement plate? Was the spring pocket in the one pic also in trouble?

I used a 4x2.5" 3/16 plate that was bent for me at a local steel shop.

Only the outside of the frame was in trouble at this time, so we just did the bottom and sides. Later on i'll raise the body of the frame a bit, drop the tank and fix up the surrounding areas as well. The spring packet is perfectly fine as is the other side of the frame, but still when I can park the truck for a week i'll attend to it (scrape the surface rust off and rockguard the bejesus out of it).

how does the body look underneath the rear seats? i just discovered a hole in mine :angry:

Eventually, I think i'll be doing the same to my frame. When I stick my finger in the holes and feel the inside of the frame rail, pieces just flake off into a pile inside the rail. There's quite a bit of dried mud in there too. I was always wondering what would happen if I drilled some 'drain holes' in the bottom of the frame rail, but never gathered the balls to actually do it-- it is my daily driver, after all.

Ain't that onterrible road salt a beautiful thang?