Project 92XE

Casey.T

Step 1 Clean space in Garage:

Complete (Wifey gonna not be happy when she gets home :furious: )

Now where are those jumper cables???? Need to get the rig in the garage before she gets home.

Found Jumper Cables :)

Its in the Garage and this is what it looks like now.

Themostat Removed, as well as the belts, fan, shroud, Radiator (built in trany cooler?), Battery for replacement.

P...

This is not the first time that someone has been in here, they RTV'd the hell out of the T-Stat. I Put it in some hot water, took it to boiling and yep that the problem it did not open.

Header Bolts all appear to be stock and none are broken for some Amazing reason, I aint touching them :nono:

Debating on the the Fan Conversion, but this probably will not be the last time I have it this far down in the front. Also wondering about the trany cooler.

Edited by Casey.T

Cool, glad you figured it out !! Might as well do as much as makes sense while you are down that far, but 'if it aint broke'... I hate RTV monkeys !! Rather than do a good job, slather sealant on... :blink:

B

Took about an hour, was going to put in a trany cooler, then had second thoughts, on this one it has been rebuilt and has about 20k on it.

All the belts changed, still need to put the fan shroud back in and connect the upper hose, coolant then the praying to the Pathy Gods for a satisfactory run, burp!!! the baby and do it again:)

Next step will be the torsion bars. any pinned posts with specifics or even a conversation with someone thats done it.

Or is that something that we wait till the SL comes in??? $750 for the Calmini, is the steering system also required with that?

Cant order anything till the 31st :contract:

couple of pointers....

tansmission coolers WILL save you in the long run. there is absolutely no valid arguement to not put one in. my t700 was purpose rebuilt for the pathy before it went in and from day one its always been connected to a trans cooler. i found the cooler with the most btu cooling capacity i could posibly find and havent looked back for a second. not only that i put in a 2" gauge that tells me the auto trans fluid temperature, so i can aways kep an eye on whats happening.

what do you wanna know about the torsion bars?

obviously lifting the vehicle.....

the calmini steering system is extremely good, as far as im concered, however you really only need it if you wanna put big tyres on your pathy. for argument sake - you dont need it, to do a suspension lift. but if you do a suspension lift and you will probably want to put big tyres on. the big tyres will wear out your stock steering and then you need to fix the steering.

hope that makes sence.

There is a thread about cranking/indexing the T-bars in the garage/how to section... It is pretty easy...

B

Er, it's not there... I'll see if I can find it for you... Gimme a day.

You can always search (try 'torsion bars' or 't bars' in title only) ;)

B

Edited by Precise1

Test run was good :bow: not sure if it was luck or skill?

Got the front end up in the air, cranked on them t-bars. Per Jim B's page, he had 3.5 inches of the bolt showing through the top of the locker bolts, I stopped mine at 3 inches, leave a little play. After bouncing it on and off the curbs around the block a couple of times. It settled at about 34" from the ground to the lip of the fender with 235/75 r15's. it was sitting at 31.5"

JGC Springs will be picked up in the morning and I will have some fun. P...

JCG Springs.

I picked up the springs this afternoon and thought all was cool $20. Droped the rear end, per the instructions, got the stock springs out. The passenger side upper rubber seat did a vanishing act. Still have not found it :blink: went to grab a beverage before using the grinder and OMFG the new springs were shorter 14.5" than the stock ones i took out 17" :contract: .

So that it for tonight, get to go back to Spaldings with a tape measure tomorrow.

JCG's Installed with new Ranco RS5000's. P...

As it sits now with all the jumping and bouncing, test run loading about 500lbs for fun.

Alignment needed.

I ended up with a full 1" lift in the rear. Front and rear wheel wells are amazingly Level at 34.5 " rear was at 33.5". I believe that this will do the trick for now.

Edited by Casey.T

If you go from the bottom up at the lock in where the spring starts its 9 to the top.

Next on the agenda is BlackPanther Skids -bounce- unless someone has a better Idea???

Edited by Casey.T

Waiting for Parts :oops: I hate waiting :(

So I started with some Busy work, New Cap and Rotor, lmao the ones that came off were Original OEM's, New Plugs Bosch +4's, going to need to buy a new tool for installing those. Once I get the plugs out I will decide on some new wires.

Tint found some nice 2.5%, now i just need an assistant with patients, 6yr old out, 9 yr old out, 16 yr old out, wife not going there again.

Grief vs cost hmmmm ill do some calling in the morning.

95 gets a bath in the morning, hmmmmm think its time to do some wax on wax off.

• 4 weeks later...

Update time :D

Calmini 3"SL showed up today at 6:45pm pssd , Had been talking to Steve Kramer of Calmini for about 30 min.

The Back end is complete with 33 9.50R15, rear fender sits at 39" I need to bounce it around and get it to settle, lol also needs a tank of gas.....

I will start on the front end tomorrow afternoon P...

Real quick, with the replacement of the UCA and Upper Ball joints, would it be in the best interests to replace the Lower Ball Joints too??????

Pics to follow B)

I think we are cooking with 10w30 now P...

I am having a problem getting the stock T-Bars out. Seems that they are just unwilling to part with the rig.

Any tips out side of a bigger hammer????

Are you talking about the front splines ?? When I indexed mine, I found I had to loosen the 3 bolts for the front sockets. Once I did that and they were not binding any more, they damn near fell out...

B

I think its done P... Well the Major work is :D

I did notice a couple of vaccuum hoses going into the intake assembly, that need replacing, will do first thing in the AM :bed:

Just need Tabs and an Alignment. :Magic: I hope :hide:

When I took it to get some badly needed gas 17.8 gallons, .5 mile round trip noticed the lower hose was dripping a bit, when I got back home it was not??? Need the tabs and alignment so i can test run it before taking it out this week end.

Looks like front and rear wheel wells are at 37.25" with a full tank of gas.

I will post some pics of it out side tomorrow :beer:

Needs:

Tint $200

Custom Front bumper

More Lights

Roof Rack

Full Sized spare with rim

OMG the list goes on................................. The Fun of Owning a Pathy -bounce-

ya i know what you mean, and then you spend one evening where your like, dude, i need to make something for my truck, and you come up with like 50 new things to do to it! OH GLORIUS PATHYS! they full-fill my life when i need busy work after a long relationship comes to an end! haha good stuff...emo, but good. :)