Gas prices broke me!

edta1

Think of us poor Aussies. We have oil reserves that are about the same size as Iraq yet we pay more for fuel than you guys do. If you guys bought fuel by the litre you would be paying around AU80 cents for it. We are paying up to AU$1.29.9 at the moment. Greedy federal Government is taxing us twice on petrol! :angry:

you guys better fill up tonight cuze the price per barrel just went up above $70...

man jack up the corolla put some mudders on & sticker "Pathfinder inside" and u'll be good to go

sorry to hear about that...i just quit driving as much now that shcools back in bought a bike and ride a mile or 2 to class and back everyday so its not too bad till it starts rainin and gets cold...

Actually Precise your off on your conversion on that it would be $3.375 US

Sheesh, just making a joke !! :blink::D

I wish we were paing a 1.50US per gallon here it's funny because we send our oil down to the states then we buy it back at a higher rate.

That makes about as much sense as anything the governments do... Ok, with current conversion the price here is $.88/liter canadian...

We are paying up to AU$1.29.9 at the moment. Greedy federal Government is taxing us twice on petrol!

Did you say 'greedy', 'federal' and 'government' in the same sentence ? Isn't that a double oxymoron ? Yeesh, I do feel for you with those rates though ! How do they tax you twice ?

B

We have a fuel excise (automatic tax price rise once a year) to, supposedly, keep us indexed with opec and then we have a 10%gst on top of that. Seems to me our fuel prices have exceeded opec and the excise is just bullsh!t! So you see, we have a tax on a tax. How good is this little cash cow?

In order to stick with a Pathy in the world of high gas prices I am picking up a 95 with a 5 speed. The head gaskets are blown, but I have a fresh rebuilt VG30E in the garage. Now the big issue for me. It has some frame rot :o . After all my ranting and raving about not buying a pathy with frame rot, I bought one because of the 5 speed.

Ok guys talk me off this ledge I am on. The best way to weld up the frame is........ :idea: