Let's all bask in the glory of Group B Rallying

Filthy Luker

315 MB Movie... Please save first to your computer

The early 1980s saw a category created specifically for manufacturers who wanted to show off their engineering capabilities; Group B was born. The Group B rally supercars quickly evolved into 500+ horsepower, four-wheel-drive chest-thumping beasts with space frames, kevlar bodywork, and many other high-tech pieces. The cars reached a point where many wondered if the cars had reached a point where the drivers could not fully control them. For instance, the Lancia Delta S4 could accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.3 seconds on a gravel road. Henri Toivonen drove an S4 around Estoril, the Portuguese Grand Prix circuit, so quickly that he would have qualified sixth for the 1986 Portuguese Grand Prix. Nigel Mansell sampled a Peugeot 205 T16 and said it could out-accelerate his F1 car. And, perhaps most impressive (frightening?), the driver's reaction times were cut in half compared with previous rally cars.

More info: http://www.stormloader.com/groupb/

PS. If i see referrers from other sites than here I am yanking the movie.

I love rally vids, especially when they were crazy death machines.

ESPECIALLY @ 700kbs!!!! whoo whooo

Damn! You really transfering at 700kb/s??? The best I get is 600 on a good day with cable