Steering Damper

camo_pathmaker

I am looking into getting a steering stabilizer for my pathfinder. I know where it mounts on the CL but I am unsure where the second point mounts. Also if you know of some companies that sell some fairly inexpensivly please add a link. Pictures would be great to show where the other mount point is.

thanks

thanks I so have another question regarding this though. I checked summit where you said you got your rancho kit from and it says that is does not include the mounting brackets. Did your come with the brackets or did you get them from some where else?

Also If I add a sterring stablizer will it increas the life time of the CL?

I know the CL will not be indestructable. I was just hopeing that if I put on a steering stablizer it will extend the life a little longer so I can save for a L&P CL. I have an extra CL brand new from Nissan not installed that will come with the truck when I get it. Shoud I put the brand neew one on then send out for the L&P CL later? Do you get all new bushings and endlinks with the L&P CL?

I saw the other kit that was all the parts on summit but it was more than the price that you said you paid for it in the other post.

thanks

Edited by camo_pathmaker

The L&P CL comes with bolts, nuts, cotter pins and washers, that's it. Bushings are another subject altogether.

Does the current CL have a lot of slop or play in it? How about the tie rods? It could just have sloppy tie rods and a good CL, you never know until you look and see for yourself.

I have not yet driven it. I am waiting on the new ignition to get here as there is no key for it currently. I do know that all the tie rods have been replaced with new OEM pieces the only part of the steering system that is not new is the CL. I should have the ignition here by next week. I ordered it a couple of days ago from an online junkyard source based out of CO. When you send in a core to L&P can you send a beat up CL or does it have to be a new one?

Edited by camo_pathmaker

I have not yet driven it. I am waiting on the new ignition to get here as there is no key for it currently. I do know that all the tie rods have been replaced with new OEM pieces the only part of the steering system that is not new is the CL. I should have the ignition here by next week. I ordered it a couple of days ago from an online junkyard source based out of CO. When you send in a core to L&P can you send a beat up CL or does it have to be a new one?

You can send your old one. They rebuild it.