suspension

lovebunny

ok. i know absolutly nothing when it comes to car suspention. i just know that my dampers are blown.(sorry bike terms, when i compress the suspention it keeps moving up and down) can anyone point me in a general direction for ne shocks and such? and what will it cost me price wise? id also like to lift it maybe 2 inches. also for an aftermarket bumper where would i go?

Guest blitZ

I installed the Rancho RSX17000's on my 10 Pathfinder and am happy with them. Firmer ride less body roll while cornering. Got a good deal on 4 shocks with free shipping from these guys: Sams Off Road

I'll get the model number off my Bilsteins....I love em...Also keep in mind that the shock will not raise the car...the springs to that. The shocks will always have a zero point at the height your springs are holding the truck at, from there they will dampen the ups and downs and keep the side to side sway of the springs to a minimun.

Definitely replace the shocks, but if possible get some lifted springs Automotive Customizers has lift kits for the R50's (Although AC is not anyones favorite company, they do carry stuff for R50's)

Automotive Customizers

I have the 2" lift from AC with Bilstein Shocks in the back KYB GR-2 Struts in the front... shop around on AC - they have a couple different packages... also, when I was shopping I did a few searches for info & opinions here and on other boards...

As for an aftermarket bumper - I am assuming you mean the front... for your year 1996 - the only ones that make it (as far as I know) is TJM, however they have discontinued the line. I know a few suppliers still have the aluminium ones in stock (if you like the shiny bling type), but the black steel powder coated ones are a rare find.

(Again, I apologize to vengeful, as he sits there hating me as he reads this - I'M SORRY!!!)

I have the TJM, which isn't supposed to fit my truck (I have a 99.5), and it fit with little issues... The only bumper for my truck that is available is the ARB safari - which is pretty nice looking, but mucho diñero. I have no idea if it would fit the 96-99's....

As for an aftermarket bumper - I am assuming you mean the front... for your year 1996 - the only ones that make it (as far as I know) is TJM, however they have discontinued the line. I know a few suppliers still have the aluminium ones in stock (if you like the shiny bling type), but the black steel powder coated ones are a rare find.

(Again, I apologize to vengeful, as he sits there hating me as he reads this - I'M SORRY!!!)

I have the TJM, which isn't supposed to fit my truck (I have a 99.5), and it fit with little issues... The only bumper for my truck that is available is the ARB safari - which is pretty nice looking, but mucho diñero. I have no idea if it would fit the 96-99's....

So TJM discontinued the Black one?!?!?!? Damnit!!! Man the R50's are without a doubt the bastard child when it comes to aftermarket parts.....Oh well...still resisting the dark side (Heep!)

Would I be considered a trader if I got an X????HMMMMM?

So TJM discontinued the Black one?!?!?!? Damnit!!! Man the R50's are without a doubt the bastard child when it comes to aftermarket parts.....Oh well...still resisting the dark side (Heep!)

Would I be considered a trader if I got an X????HMMMMM?

You can still get an ARB might take awhile but at least it's still offered.

:aok:

I got the third to last t-15 from 4x4 connection and that was in April. I wanted the t 17 but they had already discontiued it. They had no black so I got the aluminum version. Wanted black but, the polished aluminum looks pretty good since my pathfinder is black.

I got the third to last t-15 from 4x4 connection and that was in April. I wanted the t 17 but they had already discontiued it. They had no black so I got the aluminum version. Wanted black but, the polished aluminum looks pretty good since my pathfinder is black.

have any pics? I havent really seen the aluminum ones on any trucks...

I talked with Jim (owner of 4x4Connection) in May and they were completely out of TJM steel bumpers for Pathfinders and will not be getting any more in.

Aluminum they can get, but I don't like the aluminum ones. They aren't as strong, they look dumb, and I wouldn't trust it with a winch.