Loud noise from cargo area

Guest cgreer00

New sway bar links and bushings are dirt cheap ($20 range each) on autopartswarehouse.com or rockauto.com. I replaced mine a couple weeks ago in an attempt to silence noisy suspension. The rattling over speed bumps, RR tracks, etc. got better but over big bumps it still rattles, so I'm gonna just turn up the stereo and ignore it.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone have links to what the sway bar links look like... I want to take them off to see if this noise back there is that. It does not sounds when its normal bumps. It all sounds when its really bad. I thought it was something bouncing in the cargo area. But after reading this would like to try to take out the rear sway bar links.

Does anyone have links to what the sway bar links look like... I want to take them off to see if this noise back there is that.  It does not sounds when its normal bumps.  It all sounds when its really bad. I thought it was something bouncing in the cargo area.  But after reading this would like to try to take out the rear sway bar links.

Hmmm...I don't remember where the PDF R50 service manual went...

My Pathfinder doesn't have this problem, but my Jeep's sway bar links were toast...it would make the same sound when hitting a pothole or over a speed bump.

If you are suggesting that you should remove your rear sway bar permanently, I would suggest otherwise! P...

Edited by OR99.5Speed

No No... If they are there it must be for a darn good reason... I would like this to be my first solo mechanic work that's not replacing a light bulb.

Hopefully will be able to do it solo...

Hmmm...I don't remember where the PDF R50 service manual went...

Me thinks the thread containging the link to R50/WD21 PDF FSM's was slated to be deleted :(

Hope everyone got what they needed from there!

BTW...good post K9 :D

Lucky me I got here too late to get dibs in the service manual... Will have to buy it I guess...

I'm SURE someone else will pop up with a link to it again in a few months...thinking they're the first ones to do so :D

• 1 month later...

I have tis noise issue discussed here. I figure my truck is a 97 so it could use new links, bushings etc. Anyone know If I can just buy a kit that has all the bushings I need for the whole rear suspension? Just the majority even. I'd love to just do the whole thing. Stiffen it up a bit.

I know for my camaro and my Z I was able to find kits that had all the busings for the suspension all the way around.

Mines turned out to be the exhaust banging on the tow hitch. Just an FYI.

I had the exhaust redone (from the manifold back) when I bough the car about 3 months ago. It's definately not that.

Even if it's not the bushings, I'd still like to redo them all just to stiffen her up a bit. Energy suspension doesn't have squat suprisingly...and annoyingly lol.

Trailing arm, and Front LCA. $36.50 each, Need 4 sets of T/A bushings. That's actually the only way I've found to get new bushings. Nissan won't sell replacement rubber ones, and I can't get them from CarQuest or Checker either.

Trailing arm, and Front LCA. $36.50 each, Need 4 sets of T/A bushings. That's actually the only way I've found to get new bushings. Nissan won't sell replacement rubber ones, and I can't get them from CarQuest or Checker either.

I'm seeing all sorts of stuff through AC. I'll have to email them about just throwing together something to include suspension bushings all the way around. It's a 10 year old truck. Might as well do em all. Especially if I plan on doing a lift later.

Where are you located?

They're somewhat slow to respond to emails....they're much more responsive over the phone....however, talk to Jane, Aurthur is useless.

I'm in Chicago. Free long distance though. My work is all over tthe country so I need it. I'll let you guys know what I find out.