Interior question

vidro

Where can I find paint for the interior parts?

It is a grey interior but I can not seem to find the right color grey, any grey that looks close is metalic

Is there a WEB site that breaks down the vehicle VIN?

Edited by vidro

Never mind the VIN number, I found a spot to decode it. I should have researched this before I posted.

I did notice that this VIN does not give you external color or internal color entries like my old 67 Cougar does.

I know these are 2 seperate kinds of vehicles but is there a way to get a color code or do I go to the local Nissan place and tell them I have a grey interior?

All Nissan grey is the same?

No they used 3 different greys a dark grey, a light grey and a tan that is kinda grey tinged. Within those different parts are different greys too.

What are you trying to re-color?

The last owner was a dog enthusiast and the dogs kind of scratched up the back area a little bit more than I first thought.

The sctraches show up big time. Thought I would paint all the plastic panels to give it a newer cleaner look.

I did this to the interior of my 67 Cougar when restoring the inside, that was vinyal and the VIN had the color code # making easier to get a close match.

Hey, I like the green....did some green in mine too, need more though.

88inside.jpg

I used a model paint for mine, its made to stick to plastic. Not to mention tons of colors available.

I did red in my 93, but used duplicolor matched to the stock exterior Aztec Red.

702interior.jpg

Edited by GrimGreg

I'll try to post some of my pic's of my interior. I've painted the dash, glove box, center console, door handles, locks, side mirrors, door handles, fender flares, rear spoiler, grille, spare tire holder, center caps, etc. the HAMMERED look! I've had many compliments on it.

It's the little things like that, that sets your Pathy aside from all the others.

Have fun with it! Don't for get the clear coat or it will fade!

I'm not sure I'd be after any chicks who like that... :P Looks like a ricer interior... :shrug: To each their own though... ;)

B

Just some paint, I like to be different. Better than fake wood or carbon fiber stuck all over everything :oops:

I think a little is nice.. but too much of that green and it could get ugly in there. The way you both painted certain things... it is a "different" touch.. no.. as a chick I personally don't dig it.. but I am sure there are chicks out there who do.... I am a chick who digs "battle scars" :aok: (and if they're on a Pathy that's a bonus!)

Edited by Slick

On the interior paint, how about painting it with that faux rock effect?

Have the inside enviroment resemble that outside arena.

What a kick, I may just check that out.

Being new to SUV's I'm not familiar with past fads

I take it the "rock" look is not a new idea.

What's this hammered look? anj pic.?

The only thing I can associated with "hammered" is a keg and aluminum

I'm getting ready to repaint some exterior items. Once I'm done, I'll take some current pic's for you all. What I'm using is "Rust-oleum Hammered" There are many different shades. The ones I've seen are the charcoal, silver/gray, copper/gold, and one other color. I prefer the charcoal look. It's dark and is the closest to the original gray that my Pathy came with. Like I said, I'll try to get some pic's for everyone soon.

Good luck on your paint fabs! :aok: