Skid plate!

dwrounds

The splash guard on my 98 has been falling apart for a while now, but this weekend I finally ripped it off crossing a stream on a log. Has anyone purchased the skid plate from 4x4parts? And how is it? Any other suggestions, I have a small budget? Thanks

Definitely check out the previous post, he does great work !! Not trying to mess with his business, but I'll do a write up soon about how to make your own out of UHMW Polyethylene. Details to follow in a week or two... (many of us have more time than $) :shrug:

:beer:

B

I have the original splash guard from my 97 if you want it. It's yours for shipping costs. I took it off when I got the black panther skids from runnerman. That is the sweet set-up - and I highly recommend it - but if you want the truly low-buck solution I can mail ya a 'dirty but almost like new' stock piece. It's just gonna go to the dump one of these weekends!

see my website to check out runnermans skids on my pathy.

m.

Thanks for the offer on the free skid plate, I think I will hold off and just save up for a black panther. Which one should I get, there are a couple of different options. I don't want alot of weight because I only have the OME springs so I don't want to sag anymore. Thanks for the help guys.

Go for the SuperSkid (the combination of the two)....I have the 10ga one, and I've smacked it really hard several times and never had an issue with bending or anything. And the shipping weight was only 60lbs. :aok:

the nice thing about black panther plates is you can add the additional skids as time and money allow - so just get the steel replacement for the factory (plastic) splash guard. weight isn't an issue - they aren't that heavy -they will not affect the suspension in any significant way.

Hey dwrounds if you e-mail me I can give you some detailed info on the skidplates.

As for the 10G Champion to 3/16" don't be sucked in by having the 3/16" there only a 1/32 thicker then the 10G. Not only that if you somehow mangle your 10G Champion on the trail (which I can't see happening) send it back. I'll send you a new one Free of any charges.

The 10G front skidplates for the pathfinders are super strong with all the bends that I have put in them. This cuts your weight down on your front end.

Since I'm getting into more vehicles I'm thinking of trimming down the selection for the Pathfinders as in thickness sizes. I am running out of room.

:beer:

Sweet! Thanks for all the help guys. I think I'm gonna go with 10 gauge champion. However, I just need to save up a few bucks. (buying a house drains the funds for your car).