4x4 shift knob? and the console

iLLlegal

hi everyone on the NPORA forums. i've accually been using this forum for awile to see what ppl have been doing to there pathfinders and how to fix some problems I have had. and I finally signed up yay! anywho nice to meet you all in the Pathfinder community.

Now for my first question. I was thinking of building a whole new console for the middle of my auto 92 Pathfinder and I was wondering how to remove the 4x4 shifter knob becuase I think that will cause me trouble. also how would I get around getting the console out over the autoshifter :help:

mabey someone can tell me the right way to get it the console out?

anyway thanks for the help and Im happy to finally be part of this forum and mabey the NPORA club heh. :P

~Shane

Hey Illegal ( I wont ask) !! The 4x4 shifter knob should just unscrew counter clockwise... But maybe like my tranny knob, some idiot put it on with epoxy. If thats the case, it wont come off without a torch, or liqued Nitrogen, or a hacksaw... Have you really tried just twisting it ?

B

Welcome to the board WAVEY

The console is held down with 6 screws 2 in the front tray, 2 in the center tray, and 2 in the bottome of the cubby in the rear. You do not have to remove the 4x4 knob to remove the console, the boot is just held onto it by 3 metal c-clips that pop off and back on easily. As for getting it over the tranny shifter, after all the screws are out lift it up the whole base where the shifter slides and the gear indicator part are seperate from the console so it leaves a nice big whole for getting around the T-handle. :aok: