new offroader here, lotsa questions!

nakta

my pathy is in limp mode, one of my maf wires is broken. where can i find an aftermarket one since the oem is so small in diamiter? also, where can i find aftermarket headers? i am all about performance and want to get into offroading since i have mostly owned cars my whole life. this is mny first 4 wheel drive, aND I AM VERY EXCITED. also, there is hot air coming from under my center console even when i have the a/c running, any ideas?

There is no aftermarket MAF sensor available for Nissans AFAIK. If one of the wires is broken, you definitely need a new one. You'll have to just plain get a stock replacement. You don't have to replace the whole aluminum body, just the sensor, OK?

The hot air is coming from a torn rubber boot underneath the leather boot on top. Common problem. Some people fix it with a replacement leather boot instead.

How hard did you look for the headers? Cause with one search on Google, I got...

http://www.rocky-road.com/thorley.html

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?...art=DTE-QH464-2

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...1af3b6fb2b08bb4

are there any other headers besides the thorley? and i was looking on askjeeves, maybe i should start looking on google, lol.

Pacesetter makes a set too, but from what I have heard the Thorleys fit much better.

:lol: Child labor rules!!!!! We need more here, keep the damn kids from getting fat if they were working!

I completely agree! People around here are complaining about child labor in other countries. I know of this freaky gothic girl in my English class who won't by Nikes because of it. Those people forget that those children CHOOSE to work in factories. Nobody points a gun at their head and tells them that they can't have a break. Better working than building eye-hand coordination on the XBox.

I don't remember where I heard this, but don't the Doug-Thorley headers only fit manual transmissions?

Nobody points a gun at their head and tells them that they can't have a break.

I understand the spirit of what you are saying, but when they chain the doors shut to prevent breaks/pilferage and a fire happens, it gets un-funny quick. This has happened many times in many places. You need to see where the people come from, how they live, the choices they have and the conditions they work in before making cavalier remarks like that. Not trying to crap on you, but I've traveled down there somewhat, and even a few hunderd miles from the border the conditions can make you ashamed of what you have. Why do you think a lot of them are trying to get here ??

B

Oh, Xbox ?? That means a TV... Try a 8x8 corugated tin shack with no running water, sewage and certainly not electricity.

Edited by Precise1

<snip>I don't remember where I heard this, but don't the Doug-Thorley headers only fit manual transmissions?<snip>

The cross pipe just needs a little fab work with the autos. :)

• 3 weeks later...
how much reworking?

I would like to know that too. Would an exhaust shop be willing to do it? I have a bad leak at where the crosspipe meets the catalytic converter and it's melting my floor. My shoe got melted to the carpet yesterday.

what about deleting the egr valve? anyone done it? i did it on my mustang and focus no problem. ran better that way too! i am about to order the headers, so please let me know what kinda problems i can look at getting them reworked before i spend the money. thanks!

oh, and a little update, go ta new maf from advanced auto and now it runs fine. had my cats taken off and a new exhaust made from the o2 sensor back 2.5 inch pipe and a 2 chamber flowmaster. now all i hear is my cracker header, lol!