EGR function trouble code

flnl

My 94 flashed the check engine light twice, then after a while it came on again and didn't off anymore. I checked the code and it's a 32 - EGR function. I just noticed a little lack of power. I have to go back to my town tomorrow, 100 miles away and down hill. Do ya think it will do any damage? I won't be able to repair it here. No time. :unsure:

Hey Bud, the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve issue shouldn't be a big deal. It it either choking off the supply, or dumping a lot of exhaust back into the intake... While you dont want to run like this for a long time, I would be suprised if it caused any significant issues; truck will just run/idle crappy. I tried to look it up in the manual to verify this, but I cant find the Farking thing !!! ARGH !! I'll chime in again if I find it, but I'm pretty sure you will be ok limping it into town... GL !!

B

Yeah, I came back home with no problems... today the check engine light was off, during the trip it came on and off... but no problems... just crappy ;)

Good, well you know what I mean... EGR is mainly for smog so I cant imagine it causing damage, just reduced power and milage. Glad you had no issues ! Still dont know where that (*(& manual is; I'll be pissed if I have to buy another one... :furious:

B

Yeah, that's what I used to check what the trouble code meant, as I weren't at home... I asked a friend to use his computer, went to he online shop manual address and translated the code, and throwed this question on NPORA. But nothing else than it, he's got a veery slowwwww internet connection.... ;)

• 1 year later...

My check engine light came on and I'm getting the egr function code 32. I've checked the FSM and will check it out when I get home. I've noticed that the light only comes on when I am not using the A/C. When I'm driving with the A/C on it does not come on. Has anyone else had this problem or know what to look for if the other tests come out ok? :confused: