Guess I Should Have Started Here!

RedPath88

Hello everyone, the names Scott and some of you may recognize me from other forums.

I am still fairly new to the Nissan off roading and forum world. I have had an '83 Toyota 4x4 for years however, which I have done some modding too.

But this is a Nissan place, so... I have an '88 Path SEV6, that's burgundy in color... or whatever Nissan called it. Although it's still basically stock, I have done a "little" to it and of course plan more.

Things I have done, include a set of ProComp ES3000's at each corner. I also have the steering stabilizer, but have not acquired the mounting hardware for it yet. A custom made idler arm brace (made by another forum member). A custom roof rack, well ok it's off of a Blazer but I did modify and custom fit it.. so does that count? :shrug:

I installed the rear belts w/shoulder harness from a '92 or '94 Path. Also this weekend I put in the rear high mount speakers and the front A-Pillar tweeters and trim panels from a '94... I am forgetting some things, but none that are major anyway.

It's rolling on 31x10.5 BFG AT's currently mounted on stock chrome spoke wheels. I have a set of new Alcoa look-a-likes that I have to do some work on... all scratched up, w/some pitting as well. these will replace the wheels on my yota. Who's wheels will then go on the Path. I have been "planning" on doing that for to long now, I really need to just do it.

Once that is ready I will be throwing in the JGC coils that are in my garage and cranking the torsions. At this time I may also install the 2in body lift that has been sitting in my closet for a good two years now. I already know that once I do this it will not be enough and a bigger lift will be headed my way.

I've had this truck for several years, but am only now beginning to mod it. I had a lot of problems with it prior to now, somethings include a bad ECU, distributor

After I finally decided to ignore everyone else and just replace the ECU, which I suspected vary early on, she started right up and has ran great ever since... currently at 285,746 miles. Well with the exception of the broken cam while going 60mph.

I lucked out on that one, had the head checked for damage (was none) replaced the cam and a couple worn lifters and she once again fired right up.. first try even!

Well this post is way too long as it is, so I'll stop here.

:o A look alike of my pathy! I too have a Burgandy 88 SEV6! Course mines got stock adjustable shocks and "lego" Nissan wheels. I even had to have my distributer replaced! But no ECU or cam probs, I had EGR problems instead.