Body Lifts

wheel366

Have any of you guys had problems with the pathy body lifts? My mechanic was telling me a while ago that body lifts mess up the body and can make the middle of the body sag and you could develop problems with the doors closing etc....

Any ideas? Also, isn't there a problem with the thorley headers and a body lift?

I hear that Wednesday is the new date as to when I'll be getting my truck back. He told my father yesterday that he is moving to CA in 2 weeks and plans on finishing up with all the cars he has by Weds. Will this be another deadline that comes and goes????

Edited by wheel366

The body lifts for our trucks are good, none of the issues your mechanic brought up happen on our trucks. The body is still supported from all of the same points, just 2"-3" higher off of the frame :aok: .

Exactly. Rusty bolts and dirt are your main problem, usually. I'd definitely try to get under there and pressure-wash at least the body mount points under the framerail and all. Then P'Blaster(or WD40) the crap out of those bolts before you try and get 'em off.

what about the thorely's i know you need a mod to the Y pipe if you have a susp. lift. what about BL's?

He didn't seem to think that I would need to modify anything to put the headers on with the susp lift I have. I guess we'll see when he actually goes to do it.