Better late than never

Ale

Bought my '91 Pathfinder last summer. Had the transmission die a couple of days ago which brought me on here looking for advice. Wish I'd found this place sooner since some of the advice (like an aftermarket cooler) might have saved the transmission. Anyway, I'm pretty new to Off-Roading and trying to learn the ropes. Any suggestions for decent roads in southern B.C. for a newbie would be greatly appreciated. :D

Regards,

AL

I live in Port Coquitlam, work downtown Vancouver. Southern BC is a description of the areas I'm likely to do off-roading in. :) I've only done a few rough roads so far - nothing truly nasty... yet.

AL

I have heard that there are good trails in the Sardis/Chilliwack River area, a few mountain tops to go to by way of forestry lookout roads. Checkout some of the 4x4 shops in Lower Mainland, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

North of the toll both on the Coquihalla Highway there is another forestry lookout road, not too difficult but a great view, on Thynne Mnt., accessed from Brookmere.

Forestry lookout roads can be a challenge as they are usually very steep and not maintained (the lookouts are not used anymore) and as a bonus you generally get a great view once you make it to the top.

That sound great Trainman. I'm a photographer and always in search of scenic locales. I know we have an abundance of them here in BC but I don't get enough chances to go exploring in order to find them. I've been thinking about starting up a photojournal of the various roads I explore. Is there any sort of resource for 4x4 enthusiasts to post images of the places they visit?

Regards,

AL

Glad to help,

I've been thinking about starting up a photojournal of the various roads I explore. Is there any sort of resource for 4x4 enthusiasts to post images of the places they visit?

Regards,

AL

Try posting this over in the General Forum, you will get better response there. I ues my Pathy for work (I'm in forestry), so am not much help with the fun side of 4 wheeling.

hey Al, im from pitt meadows! we are practically neighbours!

Pitt Meadows... that is close, I'm just off Pitt River, only a few blocks away from the Pitt Bridge. :D

AL

thats cool, so like the mary hill bypass area? near shaunassey sort of? my friend lives near there. anyways al, do you know any good beginer trails around the lower mainland? i went out to stave a few times but its mostly just mud puddles, that was pretty boring.. i want to climb some trails!! there is a few 4x4in clubs in maple ridge but its mostly rednecks my cousin says. hahahahaha.

there is a few 4x4in clubs in maple ridge but its mostly rednecks my cousin says. hahahahaha.

Rednecks in Canada??? Never!!!! -alcohol- Not enough sun!!!

I beg to differ. I have a friend from Aldergrove who definitely qualifies... He has the Yeeeeeeehhhhhaaw! down pat and wears those western belt buckles the size of a dinner plate to go with his cowboy boots. And he used to tip cows when he was younger. ;)

AL

wow there are quite a few pathy owners here in the lower mainland... figures cause i see pathfinders all over 6 times a day! we should all get together for a nice romp in the trails in chilliwack sometime this summer, supposedly there are some good trails down there. my uncle has a map showing all the offroad trails, i'll try and dig it up.

anyone be up for that?

there is a few 4x4in clubs in maple ridge but its mostly rednecks my cousin says. hahahahaha.

Rednecks in Canada??? Never!!!! -alcohol- Not enough sun!!!

I beg to differ. I have a friend from Aldergrove who definitely qualifies... He has the Yeeeeeeehhhhhaaw! down pat and wears those western belt buckles the size of a dinner plate to go with his cowboy boots. And he used to tip cows when he was younger. ;)

AL

Yep, we are getting ready for over 120,000 rednecks -alcohol- (ops, country music lovers :dance: ) for this year’s Merritt Mountain Music Festival. They are saying the biggest yet. And we have lots of sun here (am I bashing on my own post? :crazy: )

wow there are quite a few pathy owners here in the lower mainland... figures cause i see pathfinders all over 6 times a day! we should all get together for a nice romp in the trails in chilliwack sometime this summer, supposedly there are some good trails down there. my uncle has a map showing all the offroad trails, i'll try and dig it up.

anyone be up for that?

that would be freaking killer dude! i would so be down for that!!!!!

Ok sounds cool, I'd say lets go for it next weekend, but its canada day and I'll be out of town. however, I'm not sure when the next long weekend is but i'd be willing to give that up for a nice run in the woods with you guys. By then I might be able to find some good trails too. Maybe turn it into a southern BC Pathfinder gathering. I'll collect some info and maps and stuff, and hopefully post back in a few weeks with a suggestion for a date and location. It'd be a Pathfinder party! :D.

• 2 weeks later...