Steering

Today I noticed a noise coming from my steering wheel when I turn it going at a slow speed. It is a quiet clicking noise, sometimes it even squeaks. It feels like the clicking is coming from the lower part of the steering shaft. Has anyone ever had this happen before. I also checked my steering fluid and it is full. Anyone?

I'm with Headman.....CV-Joints....when was the last time you checked the boots? My boots have been ripped for a few months and the clicking has begun. Time for some new boots, manual hubs, and a really good greasing of the joint....if that doesn't work then its OFF with the shafts and some new ones going in.

I'm with Headman.....CV-Joints....when was the last time you checked the boots? My boots have been ripped for a few months and the clicking has begun. Time for some new boots, manual hubs, and a really good greasing of the joint....if that doesn't work then its OFF with the shafts and some new ones going in.

if you can shake them and they are loose you might as well save yourself some trouble and put in new shafts right off the bat.. no sense doing this job twice...

if you can shake them and they are loose you might as well save yourself some trouble and put in new shafts right off the bat.. no sense doing this job twice...

I'll second that, if a CV is bad to where you can grab and generate any movement by hand, its toast and time to replace. Its funny how some shops don't necessarily think so though. :)

Bye the way, my best advice if you have any sort of steering and or front suspension noise is to find a big parking lot after hours, preferably with a friend along for the ride to help diagnose. Then go for it, perfoming high and low speed corners, back and forth steering, etc. until you've sorted it out.

Edited by Mr. Pickles