Warn Hub Installation

RowOSU

I am trying to decide if I should/can put the manual hubs on before the 7 hour drive back home from school. How hard is the installation? Can it be done in a parking lot with the right tools?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, No and Maybe - i thought it would be easy, but it wasn't. I gave up and had a real mechanic do it. Mine was pretty rusty - just beating the crap out of the dust cap to break it free was difficult, and from there it got worse. So, since it doesn't have to be done, I'd suggest you don't tackle it the day before a major roadtrip.

Yeah, sorry my website is woefully out of date.

Here's a link to photos of the manual hub installation:

http://www.xplorx4.com/Pathfinder/upgrades/warnhubs

After having the hubs installed for some time and doing maintenance on them, I recommend putting a couple fingerfuls of grease inside the warn hub body. I also highly recommend using snap-ring pliers to remove the snap-ring, instead of needlenose pliers like I show in my pics.

Finally, replace your original studs if possible with cap screws. I have had to replace both wheel hubs ($200 each!) because the original drive flange studs broke off inside, and I was not able to drill them out.

Here are pics of how to replace the wheel hubs, including bearing repacking.

http://www.xplorx4.com/Pathfinder/upgrades/hub_replacement/

Edited by XPLORx4

GREAT, that is just what I was looking for. I don't like paying shops for stuff like that. Thanks for the advice!